Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

need help deciding which car to buy

which one to choose

• used base performance

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • new LR

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Option1
Used base performance, late 2019 build. 8700 miles on the odometer. Tow hitch
$53500USD

Option2
New LR, tow hitch, lift gate, wind isolation, new battery type (or is that just in the performance?)
$55700USD

Are you able to utilize any state subsidies with either purchase? I believe some states only offer subsidies for new care purchases.

The new improvements aren’t really that special and shouldn’t play a huge part in your decision.
No, in Norway we don't pay tax for the car, so that's the total price.
I really want the performance, but the tow hitch makes too big a difference as a family car for vacations so it's either LR or unicorn/base performance

Price differential between your used and new options should mean you go for new. Longer warranty, better options/equipment. What you lose is the Performance performance. Only if you absolutely must have the lowest 0-60 time and/or top speed should you go with the used option. Were it me that's what I'd do but I'm happy with my 2018 LR RWD.

Reactions: AZAV8R
No, in Norway we don't pay tax for the car, so that's the total price.
I really want the performance, but the tow hitch makes too big a difference as a family car for vacations so it's either LR or unicorn/base performance

I was where you are, also in Norway. Bought the 2021 LR because the 1 second doesnt mean anything to me. It is only something to tell your friends. You can't race on the streets in Norway and with the speed limits we have here LR is MOooooore than enough. Also the 20'' wheels will be destroyed on the Norwegian countryside so i opted for 19 summer + 18 winter LR 2021 with tow hitch. The range dif on the LR is also nice :)

Reactions: DDHEverything
(or is that just in the performance?)

Data suggests that for now at least the new battery is just in the Performance. Maybe later in the year the AWD will get the higher capacity, or only some AWDs will have it.

I don’t quite understand your tow hitch dilemma. All cars can have a tow hitch. If you really want the Performance, you should buy the 2021 Performance!

Data suggests that for now at least the new battery is just in the Performance. Maybe later in the year the AWD will get the higher capacity, or only some AWDs will have it.

I don’t quite understand your tow hitch dilemma. All cars can have a tow hitch. If you really want the Performance, you should buy the 2021 Performance!
Thanks for the clarification.

In Norway the car needs to be registered with tow hitch compatibility. Otherwise it's against the law to add one.
I might add one anyway because I'm just mounting a bicycle rack, not towing anything. This is the registered data for TM3P in the Norwegian vehicle information facility
upload_2020-11-24_10-33-34.png

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life