Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help from Tire Experts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up going with the Michelin Cross Climate Plus on the Model 3 because I’m taking a trip to Tennessee and needed some very good all season tires. These cost me $1080.00 out the door at Discount Tires and they were ordered and shipped, took a week to arrive. Turns out the efficiency and noise factor are awesome and the tires are not broken in yet. I posted the info with pictures on another tread.

Fred

• Helpful
Reactions: CO_MY
I see that you've already selected a tire, but for anyone else who's interested, don't choose DWS06 if you care about a quiet ride. I went from MXM4 to DWS06 8k miles ago on my Model 3. DWS06 handling is superb (although anything is probably superb compared to the MXM4), but it is noisy! It has a lot of low to mid frequency rumble that's noticeable starting at low speeds and just gets louder and louder at higher speeds.

I have had a similar experience with the DWS06. Not too noisy initially, but with added miles (10k>>>) lots of rumbling. At 20k, plenty of tread, but noisy (FYI 2014 Passat TDI, 2013 FordCMax)

It makes me wonder if most of the low frequency noise issues many are complaining about are from the ContiProContact Tires? (after 900 miles of break-in, there seems to be less rumbling...???)

I am going to ditch my 21 Uberturbines and go with the T Sportline 19" TST Flow Forged package with tires. Here are my tire option and my question is which one would be best for maximum range and low noise. I am in Orlando so all weather is not needed.

View attachment 626442

Hello, did you get the TST's on your Y yet? I'm considering buying a set of TST's for my Y but first, I want to see if they stick out past the fenders.