Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Help Tracking Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! This is my first post. A bit of background, I ordered a Model 3 LR AWD 10/26/19. White, 18" aero wheels, black interior, no FSD. I was told by a salesperson at the Portland Service Center to expect delivery around 12/4/19. After reading many posts I knew to expect delays. I got a couple of texts warning me that I needed to complete the online information. I had already done that & the sales staff reassured me that everything was OK. Since then I have waited patiently & read many posts. I had two NEMA 14-50 outlets installed, bought the necessary adapter plug, got the wheel logos & lug caps. I have watched a ton of YouTube videos especially about what to look for on delivery day. In short I'm ready for delivery. After a couple of visits to the SC & being told to that everything was going according to plan & that I should have a VIN by today, I went back again. I was told today that the M3 will be manufactured on 12/25/19 & to expect delivery by 12/31/19. The salesperson also said that the car was the most common & there are a massive amount to be made by the end of the year. I still have not received a VIN. However, like a number of others about an hour after my latest visit I received an email asking me to list my unavailable dates.
What I'd like to find out is if there is a way to track progress before I receive a VIN. Also once I get a VIN where can I track that?
One last comment. I have been impressed with the SC staff. They were clearly giving me all the information they had.

You can check the source code on your order page to see if a VIN has shown up. But other than that there’s not much you can do beyond wait for your car to be built. They are certainly cutting it close for you with an ETA of 12/31. But I know a lot of people order the white AWD/aero car so I imagine a lot of people are in a similar situation to you.