Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to pay a new order fee if rejected previous one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I got back from the SA, wondering how the similar situation deal with others.

I rejected the first delivery in July due to the quality issues. Didn't drive from the lot. I ordered at the Fremont factory center, the SA found available one from the inventory atm. So I didn't need to wait and got the car ready within 3-4 days after all the payments processed.

After stopped by the delivery center last week and found the quality is getting better especially the tail lights are aligned from several MY in the delivery lots. So I decided to give another try, I went to the Fremont factory center again today, my previous SA was not there, another SA helped me looked up my order history and told me I need to pay a new order fee to get MY in the queue. My previous order fee is not valid as I rejected. Sounds not reasonable to me though as I rejected by the quality issues.

Anyone encounter the similar issue? Is this how order fee work?

Thank you

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
To get my model 3 - I paid 3 separate order fees. First original order, second they lowered the price of the car, but would not adjust. Then third I found a car in stock same color but with upgraded wheels and they wouldn’t let me transfer order with aero wheels. It was wait another 3 weeks or get a car in 4 days. So yes order fee is tacked on and can’t be transferred. I heard the let people adjust the Y when they lowered but that was a month after the 3.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I recently ordered a new inventory Model S that had unlimited free supercharging and a nice inventory discount, we paid the order fee. We waited 4 months and when the car came in they let us know that the car was not the inventory car but the identical spec but a new build straight from the factory. Unfortunately the new one doesn’t offer unlimited free supercharging or the inventory discount because the new vin no longer matches our ordered inventory vin. Tesla did however still include the original delivery charge and the additional relocation delivery charge. If we wanted to pay full price we could have ordered a new build that at the time included the Free SC. Because of their unexplainable error Tesla offered to let us cancel the order and forfeit the order fee so we canceled. Because it is clearly their error we asked if we could transfer the $100 order fee to a new Performance Y, they said there is no way to do that. It’s only $100 and not worth arguing about so we opted to not purchase another car from them. We currently have 3 late model Teslas so we really don’t need another car but wanted one. Tesla lost a sale but is now $100 richer which in their distorted reality makes sense.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ArtK