Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Netflix Subscriptions

Do you have a Netflix subscription for Tesla Theater?

• I already subscribe to Netflix

• I don't have Netflix but will subscribe now that I can watch in my car.

• My Tesla does not support Tesla Theater (MCU1)

• I don't have Netflix and won't get it because of V10

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently have a Netflix subscription and also just purchased Disney+ subscription. I know video through browsers will work but it would be nice to have a native Disney+ app, so hopefully they will allow third party apps to be developed/integrated into the Tesla Theater.

Sign up for Movies Anywhere (legit site, owned by Disney so virtually certain it will allow you to add Disney+). You can give it access to your premium accounts (Netflix, Amazon Prime) and add your free YouTube account.

Once you do that, you can view all your movies purchased under all of those accounts in YouTube using the native app in Tesla Theater. Works great, very cool.

Sign up for Movies Anywhere (legit site, owned by Disney so virtually certain it will allow you to add Disney+). You can give it access to your premium accounts (Netflix, Amazon Prime) and add your free YouTube account.

Once you do that, you can view all your movies purchased under all of those accounts in YouTube using the native app in Tesla Theater. Works great, very cool.

Thanks for this information! I'll definitely look into it.

This sounded really cool so I went to look at the website. No where does it mention you can connect a netflix account to it.

=====================================

Retailers currently participating in Movies Anywhere

Movies Anywhere currently works with the Digital Retailers listed below. Check back regularly as we update our list of Digital Retailers!

• iTunes
  • Amazon
  • Vudu/Walmart
  • Xfinity (for Xfinity TV subscribers only)
  • Google Play/YouTube
  • Microsoft
  • FandangoNOW

• Informative
Reactions: tschmidty
This sounded really cool so I went to look at the website. No where does it mention you can connect a netflix account to it.

=====================================

Retailers currently participating in Movies Anywhere

Movies Anywhere currently works with the Digital Retailers listed below. Check back regularly as we update our list of Digital Retailers!

• iTunes
  • Amazon
  • Vudu/Walmart
  • Xfinity (for Xfinity TV subscribers only)
  • Google Play/YouTube
  • Microsoft
  • FandangoNOW

Ack, you are 100% correct. Somewhat moot since there is a native Netflix app. I did add iTunes and Amazon and can view them through the YouTube app. I wonder what you can view with the xFinity account?

Can you watch free amazon prime movies?

Just enjoyed Netflix in the car waiting for the kids to be done with a class... Nice.

I have been watching netflix in my car at lunch time. Its a perfect get away from eating at my desk, where people can find me (lol). I am into animation (and anime) so am watching a netflix animation show called "disenchanted" that I kinda wanted to see but didnt have time ot catch up on.

Sitting in a climate controlled car during lunch, windows tinted dark enough that people cant really see I am in there... chillin, watching netflix or youtube. I would definitely pay extra to keep access via data if possible. I also have hotspot feature on my phone if I need to use that, but would prefer to just use the car if possible.

I am still surprised to hear sound effects move around the car across the front and also front to rear. its surprisingly good, but I have not watched (and dont intend to watch) any real movies on it because I am a snob when it comes to surround sound in movies, and I dont want to disappoint myself too much.