Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Netflix/Youtube

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well.. this is interesting

I've just been out to my car and Netflix and Youtube are both working again over LTE.
Maybe this is just a temporary glitch?

One thing i did notice that i've never noticed before was that all of the adverts the Youtube shows are now in Spanish!
Maybe Tesla have changed their LTE service provider that they are using?

And my Netflix was back on LTE after disappearing yesterday

UK M3LR - Netflix, Youtube working over the car connection... Wonder if its a 'luck of the draw' situation?

Did however have a weird once last sunday where Tunein radio was working fine but web browser / youtube died a death, but doing a soft (left/right steering button) reset seemed to kick it into gear.

Annoyingly with the inbuilt sims appearing to not be locally (per country) sourced, but instead uniform 'roaming' for the entirety of Europe (think it might be telefonica but can't recall) there is the annoying consequence of having to combat the browser/youtube from thinking you're outside of the UK (real killer when attempting to use iplayer when at the services charging).
- Simplest workaround to date has been to pop on the phone wifi hotspot and get back on that way.

To add to this, I have a M3P in the UK and I have the same issue. YouTube doesn't work, but Netflix works fine. As above posts said, started a few weeks ago. Last I checked my IP was Dutch also, though I'm not sure that should matter.

I tried resetting the display but it didn't resolve the issue. :(