Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 19" Sport aero cover wheels for China market available in USA this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if Tesla read my post. :)

Model 3 19” Gemini Wheel and Winter Tire Package

Hopefully, we'll be able to buy the wheels by themselves at some point.

Only compatible with performance version... that's odd.

If they do a summer package that's compatible with my dual motor version I will consider it. Spendy though, I can get a full 19" setup from TSportline with flow forged wheels that are likely lighter for less $$.

If they do a summer package that's compatible with my dual motor version I will consider it. Spendy though, I can get a full 19" setup from TSportline with flow forged wheels that are likely lighter for less $$.
We have them on a regular LR AWD Model 3. Perhaps they just mention performance to make them more "exclusive".

I just talked to my parts guy. They have not released a part number yet for wheels alone he said.
They should be doing this prob in the next week or so. If you break out the 1300 for tires and 300 or so for sensors that would put the wheels around 4-450$ per rim once avail. Stay tuned

Actually, it sounds like the Tesla 19" wheels with the covers will be about the same weight or maybe slightly lighter than the Tsportsline wheels. In the Daerik video, he weighed the complete 19" aero wheel/tire combination, and it was .8 pounds heavier than the stock 18" aero wheel/tire combination. The stock 18" wheel with aero covers is supposed to weigh 23 pounds. The Tsportsline wheels weigh from 23.7 to 24.4 pounds. The primary advantage I see to the Tesla wheels is the aero, so there should be no reduction in range versus the 18" wheels.

Also, I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the stock Model 3 wheels are flow forged, although I can't find that now. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if many of Tesla's wheels are flow forged; it's an excellent compromise between strength and cost, and Tesla is usually pretty good about that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Regarding weight...

If someone gets definitive numbers on the these "originally China market, 19", for performance only" wheel+tire vs. 18" TSS wheel+tire that might sway me to replace my TSS 18s (have a friend that might be interested in buying them) with them.

Actually, it sounds like the Tesla 19" wheels with the covers will be about the same weight or maybe slightly lighter than the Tsportsline wheels. In the Daerik video, he weighed the complete 19" aero wheel/tire combination, and it was .8 pounds heavier than the stock 18" aero wheel/tire combination. The stock 18" wheel with aero covers is supposed to weigh 23 pounds. The Tsportsline wheels weigh from 23.7 to 24.4 pounds. The primary advantage I see to the Tesla wheels is the aero, so there should be no reduction in range versus the 18" wheels.

Also, I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the stock Model 3 wheels are flow forged, although I can't find that now. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if many of Tesla's wheels are flow forged; it's an excellent compromise between strength and cost, and Tesla is usually pretty good about that sort of thing.

If they are that light and they fit my hubs properly I am definitely in for a set of these come spring time.... I tire of swapping rubber on my rims and the aero covers will be nice to put back on when it's time to take a road trip to stretch range on my range reduced battery.

I think both those and the 18s would have to be flow formed to hit those weight numbers. I've seen replicas of the 18 aero wheels that weigh 4-5 lbs more than the Tesla OEM ones.

I just talked to my parts guy. They have not released a part number yet for wheels alone he said.
They should be doing this prob in the next week or so. If you break out the 1300 for tires and 300 or so for sensors that would put the wheels around 4-450$ per rim once avail. Stay tuned

Yeah, it's pretty much right in line with what other vendors are offering for Model 3 specific 19" flow formed wheels. I know I would personally pay a small amount more to have the aero setup for those times it might be of benefit to the efficiency of the car.

If they are that light and they fit my hubs properly I am definitely in for a set of these come spring time.... I tire of swapping rubber on my rims and the aero covers will be nice to put back on when it's time to take a road trip to stretch range on my range reduced battery.

I think both those and the 18s would have to be flow formed to hit those weight numbers. I've seen replicas of the 18 aero wheels that weigh 4-5 lbs more than the Tesla OEM ones.
Same here. I really didn't want to sacrifice range if it could be avoided, but I'd like a little lower profile, more performance oriented tire for summer. I'll probably lose a little range with stickier tires, but at least with these wheels, I wouldn't lose range due to the wheel design as well.