Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2023 Mdel S and no FSD or Summor Or Visual Parking help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a new 2023 model S plaid and paid for enhanced AP and FSD. This was a replacement to my 2019 Model S. I lost any visual parking help and summon. When am I going to get those features back AND when am I going to get the FSD again, had it in my 2019.

I just bought a new 2023 model S plaid and paid for enhanced AP and FSD. This was a replacement to my 2019 Model S. I lost any visual parking help and summon. When am I going to get those features back AND when am I going to get the FSD again, had it in my 2019.
Depends, are you still on factory firmware lower than 2023.7.x? any Higher and you’ll have to wait for it to catch up. Although still waiting for confirmation that 11.4.1 is for hw4 vehicles which yours likely is, and on that note, no guarantees that summon or autopark is included as they still might be working that out for uss-less hw4 vehicles.

Since you have no USS, the features you want won't yet until Tesla finds a suitable way to tweak the software to make up for the lack of hardware (USS). So you are paying for functionality that might not be enabled for quite some time, if ever. Read about how long it took Tesla to try and make up for the removal of radar from their cars to get AP to work even remotely as well as it did with radar.

You can have either EAP or FSD, but not both. If Tesla cleaned out your wallet for 15k for the FSD, then my condolences. Tesla sold you the equivalent of snake oil currently. If they left you some change and only took 6k, then you made a wiser choice, but I stil don't think is a good value but better than FSD, and got the EAP (enhanced autopilot).

FYI - you can rent FSD first to see if it is worth buying.

Btw I have 2023.12.1
You will be able to turn on FSD visualization and stop sign and red light controls in addition to NoA, but there’s no summon or auto park (or park assist for that matter) and if you’re on 2023.12.x you’ll have to wait for the FSD beta track to catch up as it’s 2023.7.x so definitely don’t install any more updates if you’d like to take FSD beta for a spin.

Maybe they can refund you on the EAP. Basically, all you have is AP for now and for the foreseeable future.

Given the camera locations, FSD would be a death trap where I live with so many blind intersections at major roads. I have a better line of sight in most of these places and I am scared to death at times to pull out as it is so dicey.