Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2023 Model S owner......Oct 12,2023......Former Rivian R1T owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ole Car Nut picks up New 2023 Tesla Model S, build date Oct 09,2023.
Lost my Rivian R1T May 28th, 2023.
The Model S , Ultra Red, is a wow car but as a senior, safety is a very high priority.
Doing a 2700 mile run to Southern California in the new Model S ..........next week.

Attachments

• New Model S.jpg
    New Model S.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: ExtraPav
My R1T was totaled on the north bound I-5 below Manteca calif, when a 20ft U-haul crossed over into my lane (I was in the slow lane) and I lost control going airborne off roading
at 70 mph. The forces were so bad the R1T was beat to death from the bottom up.
There is significant Tesla in the R1T ............easy to see the Tesla to Rivian Intellect lawsuit

Attachments

• R1T towed.jpg
    R1T towed.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 98
My R1T was totaled on the north bound I-5 below Manteca calif, when a 20ft U-haul crossed over into my lane (I was in the slow lane) and I lost control going airborne off roading
There is significant Tesla in the R1T ............easy to see the Tesla to Rivian Intellect lawsuit
Aye, that’s scary. I drive that part of the 5 regularly and have had several near-misses. Thank God you’re ok.

I love the R1T and really want one. Why did you ultimately decide to go with an S instead of getting another R1T or an R1S?

Reactions: Msicario
Very nice. Love the color. I was planning on a MS Plaid next year but that's been delayed due to my wife trading in her 2018 Model X for a 2023 Model X. Within 5 years, there were so many improvements, it's as if it's a totally different car. You will love the new Model S. it has so many benefits going for it.

"Why did you ultimately decide
Aye, that’s scary. I drive that part of the 5 regularly and have had several near-misses. Thank God you’re ok.

I love the R1T and really want one. Why did you ultimately decide to go with an S instead of getting another R1T or an R1S?
Why go for the 2023 Model S...............Great price and value, $74,500 down from $105,000 a year ago.
And Old School lust; looks, power and efficiency.
The R1T is a got to have vehicle too, great design, more luxury and quality build.....I got the launch price of $73k in Dec 22 but would have had to pay
$89,500 for a new Quad R1T without the $7,500 Tax credit.
My first trip in the MS was to take my wife to Seattle Airport, she says the MS is the sexiest car I've ever owned.
Tomorrow (Friday Oct 20th) the new MS is taking us on a 2700 mile journey to SoCal and back home!

Reactions: El joe
Didn't we hear Tesla has "open-sourced" all its patents and made them available to the public something like 10 years ago? So is it really surprising that upstart EV manufacturers like Rivian are copying Tesla? Unless someone stole trade secrets specifically not related to the shared patents, it's doubtful that Tesla will seek litigation.