Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently ordered MXLR Ultra Red as soon as I found out about the price drop on 9/1. Upgrading from a 2020 Model X LR which I will use to FSD transfer. Delivery date set for 10/4.

I currently have no regrets other than the fact that I'd be getting one of the last 2023's available, because within a month or 2 I'm aware they will be delivering 2024 VIN's.

I keep thinking I should have just cancelled this order and placed a new one toward the end of Sept. upon finding out they would extent the promotion, as the lost $250 delivery fee would undoubtedly be saved in future resale value being a 2024

I'm curious to know if anybody has placed a MX order between the dates of 9/20-9/30, and if you wouldn't mind sharing if it's a LR or Plaid as well as VINs and delivery dates to help ease my curiosity. Thank you and I'm excited for pickup either way!

(To my understanding, the 10th digit on your VIN is the prod year. 2023's are denoted by “P”.. and 2024's should be either R or Q)

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Ordered 9/20
LR No Vin Yet
EDD Nov/Dec

Yah waited a bit so lost 1k loyalty promo which sux so really hoping at least get I a 24'🤞 Really Interested to see who gets the first 24 looks like knowone even been assigned any yet🤷‍♂️

I recently ordered MXLR Ultra Red as soon as I found out about the price drop on 9/1. Upgrading from a 2020 Model X LR which I will use to FSD transfer. Delivery date set for 10/4.

I currently have no regrets other than the fact that I'd be getting one of the last 2023's available, because within a month or 2 I'm aware they will be delivering 2024 VIN's.

I keep thinking I should have just cancelled this order and placed a new one toward the end of Sept. upon finding out they would extent the promotion, as the lost $250 delivery fee would undoubtedly be saved in future resale value being a 2024

I'm curious to know if anybody has placed a MX order between the dates of 9/20-9/30, and if you wouldn't mind sharing if it's a LR or Plaid as well as VINs and delivery dates to help ease my curiosity. Thank you and I'm excited for pickup either way!

(To my understanding, the 10th digit on your VIN is the prod year. 2023's are denoted by “P”.. and 2024's should be either R or Q)
Last year, 2023 VINs started on October 4th. I’m hoping it’s the same this year. I am awaiting a VIN for my MXP that I ordered on 9/1. EDD currently Oct 6-Nov 10!

Last year, 2023 VINs started on October 4th. I’m hoping it’s the same this year. I am awaiting a VIN for my MXP that I ordered on 9/1. EDD currently Oct 6-Nov 10!
We're in the same boat, I'm here in NJ. Crossing my fingers the Plaids coming out is going to be 24 models. I don't care for the year, I'm more curious if there's updated stuff that comes with it.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
We're in the same boat, I'm here in NJ. Crossing my fingers the Plaids coming out is going to be 24 models. I don't care for the year, I'm more curious if there's updated stuff that comes with it.
Very unlikely. Tesla updates configurations and features whenever they feel like it, sometimes significantly. It has nothing to do with the model year.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I’m curious as to why there is a high desire to score a 2024. Does any information exist on new features or is this being fueled by wishful thinking?
Resale value will always be higher on a 2024 VIN than a 2023, even if it’s the same car. It will be more desirable from a legacy car owner perspective and overall resale value because of that.

I just ordered a MX on September 30th and was told I can transfer my 2016 MX FSD on a custom order set for Nov-Dec delivery. Previously I was told we had to take delivery no later than Sept 30th.

Where on your documentation does it show you are getting FSD for no additional charge?

I just ordered a MX on September 30th and was told I can transfer my 2016 MX FSD on a custom order set for Nov-Dec delivery. Previously I was told we had to take delivery no later than Sept 30th.

Where on your documentation does it show you are getting FSD for no additional charge?
Initially the policy stated you must take delivery no later than Sept. 30. They ended up honoring the FSD transfer on all orders placed on or before 9/30 which had completed all delivery tasks

Initially the policy stated you must take delivery no later than Sept. 30. They ended up honoring the FSD transfer on all orders placed on or before 9/30 which had completed all delivery tasks
@vicfromcle Thanks for your response. My sales person told me that as well and I ordered on Sept 30. However I don't see any documentation on my Sales Order, mentioning my FSD transfer. I'm a little paranoid about something falling thru the cracks, and would feel more secure if I had my FSD TRANSFER in writing.

Do you know of anyone getting the FSD TRANSFER written on any Tesla Sales Order documents?

I’m curious as to why there is a high desire to score a 2024. Does any information exist on new features or is this being fueled by wishful thinking?
Because it guarantees a certain build. Most customers looking to buy a Tesla Model X probably aren't fanatics like the ones on this forum who know every different small feature change throughout 2023 and looking for particular build months. Half of 2023 models do not have Matrix Headlights. Early 2023 Model X's have HW3 with USS, but the later ones had HW4. Cameras can now be physically wiped clean.

2024 model will always have at least better or the same features as a 2023 model. That's why it is worth more on resale. (Plus, it's guaranteed to be newer regardless)

• Informative
Reactions: towndrunk
People think the market is too stupid to discern the (lack of) difference between an identical “2023” car made in October and a “2024” car made in November and imagine they’re manufacturing many many thousands of dollars in extra resale value. Never mind that not really being true and condition/mileage having a far greater impact, but hey.

Mostly 2024 is one better than 2023 so it would absolutely kill some people to miss out on the bigger number.

Reactions: gsxdsm
People think the market is too stupid to discern the (lack of) difference between an identical “2023” car made in October and a “2024” car made in November and imagine they’re manufacturing many many thousands of dollars in extra resale value. Never mind that not really being true and condition/mileage having a far greater impact, but hey.

Mostly 2024 is one better than 2023 so it would absolutely kill some people to miss out on the bigger number.

If you look at some DMV's, some of them are still stuck on MSRP of the 2023 models before the price drop. There's that too. Makes a pretty big difference in terms of registration fees.

Plus, the general public isn't going to think there's a difference between a 2023 model made in October 2022 and one made in Sept 2023. There were a lot of differences, and getting a 2024 model gets rid of the headache and research.

@vicfromcle Thanks for your response. My sales person told me that as well and I ordered on Sept 30. However I don't see any documentation on my Sales Order, mentioning my FSD transfer. I'm a little paranoid about something falling thru the cracks, and would feel more secure if I had my FSD TRANSFER in writing.

Do you know of anyone getting the FSD TRANSFER written on any Tesla Sales Order documents?
So prior to the update to their FSD transfer terms, they showed a confirmation of the transfer in the app where they had you set up which car it would be transferred from. A lot of people, including myself, became paranoid when Tesla removed that confirmation on 10/1 because we thought we'd be left high and dry.

So my pickup is scheduled for tomorrow and I drove out to the service center today to get things sorted to be sure everything would run smoothly because I know how the are answering the phone/responding to texts. The sales rep let me know he wasn't sure how it would be done but would reach out to corporate and get back to me.

A couple hours later I got this text from Tesla:

"I have confirmed that FSD is set to transfer from 5YJXCB*******104 to 7SAXCDE5******62 at the time of pickup tomorrow 10-4-2023 at 1:00PM."

So it looks like they have it figured out. If I were you I would attempt to reach out again or go to the service center to get something in confirmation like this.

So prior to the update to their FSD transfer terms, they showed a confirmation of the transfer in the app where they had you set up which car it would be transferred from. A lot of people, including myself, became paranoid when Tesla removed that confirmation on 10/1 because we thought we'd be left high and dry.

So my pickup is scheduled for tomorrow and I drove out to the service center today to get things sorted to be sure everything would run smoothly because I know how the are answering the phone/responding to texts. The sales rep let me know he wasn't sure how it would be done but would reach out to corporate and get back to me.

A couple hours later I got this text from Tesla:

"I have confirmed that FSD is set to transfer from 5YJXCB*******104 to 7SAXCDE5******62 at the time of pickup tomorrow 10-4-2023 at 1:00PM."

So it looks like they have it figured out. If I were you I would attempt to reach out again or go to the service center to get something in confirmation like this.
@vicfromcle
Thanks for that info. Very helpful. Good luck with your delivery. Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: vicfromcle
If you have an older MX, the trade-in value for FSD is about $6k or less, Mine was a 2019 MX 100D. Initially, I wanted to get the max from trade-in by not transferring FSD. After seeing the difference, I decided to take the transfer of FSD. This was done separately from the ordering. The order page still did not give me the trade-in value, no VIN either, ordered on 9/6/2023.

Personally, I don't really care about FSD. but good to have when you resell your car.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Not sure if this FB group guy knows what he’s talking about, but claiming it’s “always” the 1st week in November for new VINS. 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_9741.jpeg
    IMG_9741.jpeg
    611.8 KB · Views: 323
Reactions: vicfromcle