Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Allegedly the parts are now at the assembly lines

I take delivery this week.

1708296754628.png

• Funny
Reactions: MikeChicago
Hello new poster and have owned a MY for three years. Moving to Model X rebate edition and ordered 2/5/24. Got an interesting phone call from the Aurora Tesla center, flabbergasted to have a Tesla employee call me, and he said that the back stock has been cleared out and I am in the waitlist for 2024s being built. He seemed to suggest it would push back the date. Went from Feb-March to 3/5-4/16.

So it appears, at least for the greater CO front range area, that any new MX deliveries will be 2024s.

View attachment 1019619
We had all these rumors with the "immediate" release of a front camera and ambiant lighting in Nov/Dec last year looks like here we go again!

Wish Tesla could just let people know if these things were coming and just let us know if a retro fit was possible (especially for the camera) or they will let people get a couple of bucks back towards supercharging or just money back to appease those that missed out to keep people happy.

Would create happier people all around!

View attachment 1019619
Yeah, similar boat - My appointment is on the 26th
We had all these rumors with the "immediate" release of a front camera and ambiant lighting in Nov/Dec last year looks like here we go again!

Wish Tesla could just let people know if these things were coming and just let us know if a retro fit was possible (especially for the camera) or they will let people get a couple of bucks back towards supercharging or just money back to appease those that missed out to keep people happy.

I hear you. Teslascope has a lot of employees that report to him though, so I would put some credibility with this. That being said...how long are these parts going to sit on the assembly lines? I would prefer to wait a few weeks if only for the bumper camera, but like you said, without clarity, it's really hard to make an informed decision

Yeah, but doing so would create a bit of an Osborne Effect. Everyone would be waiting for new features and would never actually buy the car.

Last edited:
Hello new poster and have owned a MY for three years. Moving to Model X rebate edition and ordered 2/5/24. Got an interesting phone call from the Aurora Tesla center, flabbergasted to have a Tesla employee call me, and he said that the back stock has been cleared out and I am in the waitlist for 2024s being built. He seemed to suggest it would push back the date. Went from Feb-March to 3/5-4/16.

So it appears, at least for the greater CO front range area, that any new MX deliveries will be 2024s.
We ordered on the same day for the same rebate edition.
Mine was shown 03/09-04/20.

Whatever you get, is already baked into your car. Canceling delivery will not change anything about your unit.

I think the chances of any retro fit are pretty much not gonna happen. So if ambient lights and the front camera are important to you then cancel and reorder.

Obviously only you can measure your appetite to take the loss on the order fee and any other possible prices rises due to change of color etc.

Also there always seems to be an update coming so when do you just bite the bullet