Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 48 panel/3 Powerwall 2's Install in South Texas.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...I signed up for Solar thru South Texas Solar Installers back at the end of June 2020. Solar Panels were installed mid November 2020. 48 Panels, Axtec AC-400MH/144s. ...Sunny Boy 7.0-1/ SP-US-41 (3x).

nice system, sunny boys are good. i assume your array is oriented south at what inclination? is your ground mount adjustable?

your system: 48*400w=19,200w DC dc/ac ratio of .9

my system: 56*340w=19,040w DC, dc/ac ratio of 1.15

i get a little shade on my bottom east west panels and a little more on my east over garage, as compared to the top panels east over house. also my 34 degree deck panels are doing a little better then my 40 degree south garage panels at this time of year...

Screenshot 2021-04-11 152000.png

PVwatts says my east/west panels will have the same output as my south panels in june/july.

Last edited:
Reactions: 201reyes
nice system, sunny boys are good. i assume your array is oriented south at what inclination? is your ground mount adjustable?

your system: 48*400w=19,200w DC dc/ac ratio of .9

my system: 56*340w=19,040w DC, dc/ac ratio of 1.15

i get a little shade on my bottom east west panels and a little more on my east over garage, as compared to the top panels east over house. also my 34 degree deck panels are doing a little better then my 40 degree south garage panels at this time of year...

View attachment 652948
PVwatts says my east/west panels will have the same output as my south panels in june/july.
The ground mount is facing due South, not adjustable. If I'd had the $$$, I would have put it on a rotating platform like the big farm sprinklers to follow the sun being as I have the space, :p:p. Happy so far, I am sure the output will increase as the summer makes its arrival..

@201reyes
why the discrepancy between tesla app and sunnyboy. tesla says 19kw peek, and sunnyboy say ~15kw?

can you do a shade demo? on just one inverter, block 1/3 of a panel on one string and report power out of the inverter in comparison to the neighbor inverter and then shade 1/3 off two panels on the same string.
I am going to give it a few weeks and then get the Solar Tech out here to explain more in detail so I can understand the difference between the Tesla app and the Sunnyboy app. As far as the demo, I honestly would not know how to do that, and it sounds a little advanced for my level of expertise, more detailed explanation would be helpful, thanks in advance.