Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Aero wheel coming, has anyone seen these?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this company today called TNA or "the new aerowheel". It appears they make a fully forged aero wheel for the S and X and are taking pre orders for a similar wheel for the 3 that must be cast looking at the price difference. Anyone know anything about this company? The wheels look sweet, my concern with this style in a cast rim is they're usually very heavy.

The New Aero

Reactions: tren01t and Oneka
I don't know, I think they look kind of cool. The stock plastic aero caps look terrible, IMHO. I got rid of mine for a set of OEM 19's.

I'm sure whoever bought the 18's is very thankful (Tesla can be painfully slow at times on a second set of wheels!) but you do know that you can just take the caps off and they're pretty decent wheel's on their own, right? :p

Reactions: bigroo42
I'm sure whoever bought the 18's is very thankful (Tesla can be painfully slow at times on a second set of wheels!) but you do know that you can just take the caps off and they're pretty decent wheel's on their own, right? :p
Uh...really?

Yeah, thats how I was running them, without the plastic hub caps. A new model 3 owner in my area wanted the aero's and traded me straight across for his new 19's. While I like the look, I usually put aftermarket wheel on my cars. I think the one's I'm talking about here look like they could've come on the car from the factory, but still look custom. Wasn't really looking for personal opinions on the style. Just curious if anyone else had heard of them or had first hand knowledge of the company.

Messaged them on Facebook. They aren’t shipping to the US “yet”. Ironically they have photos on their site of their wheels on cars with California plates.

Unfortunately the ones for the 3 are plain old cast construction and I’d bet easily 30lbs each which is a giant hard no for me.

I would be very curious on the aero claims too. Just doesn’t seem like that would be better then a flat surface...
Hi! I am one of the founders of this company. We compare to the same size of wheel from Tesla. I model 3 case we compare to the 19" Stiletto. In model S case we compare to 21" Turbine. The EXA comparison is for model S. That one is made with really high resolution, a whole car, and a time series. Really good CFD.

You are right it does not beat a flat surface. The 18" aero cover is probably impossible to beat with a 19" wheel of any kind. But some people don't like hub caps on a nice sedan like the model 3. We like to target that market. The ones who want a sturdy solid aluminium wheel. That is why we started out in the first place.

M3 Razor2.jpg

Reactions: tren01t
Hi! I am one of the founders of this company. We compare to the same size of wheel from Tesla. I model 3 case we compare to the 19" Stiletto. In model S case we compare to 21" Turbine. The EXA comparison is for model S. That one is made with really high resolution, a whole car, and a time series. Really good CFD.

You are right it does not beat a flat surface. The 18" aero cover is probably impossible to beat with a 19" wheel of any kind. But some people don't like hub caps on a nice sedan like the model 3. We like to target that market. The ones who want a sturdy solid aluminium wheel. That is why we started out in the first place.

View attachment 500507

Ah!!! I totally thought you guys were trying to offer a "just as good" or "better" replacement for the 18" Aero wheel that Tesla has (the stock wheel with aero cover for max efficiency). This makes way more sense when compared to the 19" (or maybe even the 18" without the aero caps)

I saw these just this morning and found this sight will doing some research on them. I really like the design. Directional wheels bug me as they look great from one side but not from the other. That they deigned these to mount to a specific size was right up my ally. Then I found this post with that 33lb weight. I was ready to pre-order them till I saw that. 33lbs for a 19" wheel is a hard pass. I should have known they'd be heavy when the ore-order price was only 1600 shipping included. Maybe they'll be popular enough to eventually offer a forged version and by then I will be able to afford a forged version.

Reactions: tren01t
I think this product is quite remarkable from a Model S and X standpoint on 21' inch. They offer the same consumption as the 19 inch stock wheels which is never the case with tesla 21 inch wheels. Also the fact that this product won an IF design award says something. I think people in the S and X section of the forum will appreciate these more!

keep up the good work new aero