Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Boxter Looks Like the Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015-porsche-boxster-gts-spy-shots_100453843_l.jpg
But NOT as nice:)

as much as i love tesla, in my opinion the new'er' boxster is one of the nicest looking convertibles ever made, and stands way above the roaster in terms of aesthetics. (would still choose a roadster though if had the choice!).

2014-porsche-boxster-photo-536687-s-520x318.jpg

I love the way Roadster look, like the 1.5, like the 2.5 even more.

The Boxster looks like any other Porsche to me. Can't hardly tell the difference between a 911, Boxster, Cayman, Panamera when looking from front. Not to say they don't look good, but they certainly lack originality.

Handling however, different story, those Porsche's handles like a dream. But since I drive like a granny, I much prefer the G-force stuff from Tesla rather than cornering stuff from Porsche.

you have just permanently completely scarred my image of the Porsche. oh well. not like I would ever buy one after driving a Tesla anyway.

While I do believe our roadsters look much better than the boxster (old or new)... the toad comparison is pushing it (even if quite funny!)
Our roadster does still a lot of head turning, 6 years after its launch... which says a lot.

Now, for the pure fun of the driving experience (forgetting about my environmental chord),
the boxster would have been my next choice if I hadn't succeeded in getting my hands on a roadster...
The roaring sound of burning fossile fuels (especially that boxster engine) and the pleasures of a 6-speed stick shift is somewhat missing from our EVs...
Of course these are totally blasphemous words for this forum... but I couldn't resist it! :cool:

Last edited:
The Porsche looks great but so does the Roadster. I have never had a car where passengers in other cars FREQUENTLY are hanging out the window snapping pictures. I always get several picture request when I go to a car chow but do not see people shooting the other cars.