Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"New" car with prior accident - Red paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an inventory car that I reserved. I received a discount on it as I was told it was a demo model from a showroom with 350 miles on it. The car was paid for in full on Friday (requirement for Texas delivery). I happened to be shopping near a Tesla Gallery over the weekend so popped in and asked if they could get me an update on when I should expect to receive it. They started looking it up and the Tesla rep was like oh, here's the damage waiver... I was like wait, what? Turns out the car had very minor impact to the front left quarter panel which has been repaired (~$4k in repair costs). So my question is, given this is the red paint, is this color harder for non-Tesla body shops to match? The Tesla rep in the store was very helpful and offered to try to get pictures from the Service Center around D.C. where the car is currently located. Anything I should look for specifically when the car gets here?

I'm pretty annoyed that the car was miss-represented and apparently if I hadn't stopped into the shop I wouldn't have found out until taking delivery and having to sign paperwork acknowledging the prior repair.

It's red, 19s, but it's also the stealth performance so that might give them less incentive to offer a discount? Maybe?

Tesla can put “Stealth Performance” on any AWD car they want to. I think they use it as a tool to move some otherwise slow moving inventory/demo/returns/reject AWD cars. Like this one.

$4k is still in the “cosmetic” range. If it was structural it would have been way more. I’d certainly want to inspect and possibly reject.