Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Configuration Invites 4/6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks like there is some movement in black model 3's from 4/6. WTF!!!!!!
If you look at the VIN queue sheet, most MSM with Aero from 4/6 range have not received VINs yet but those from late March are slightly more than half filled. VINs today for config dates of 4/1, 4/3, and two from 4/6. I would take a wild guess that your VIN is likely to come within the next week or so. Just a quick guess on my part.

That’s what I said to myself last week. :)
If you look at the VIN queue sheet, most MSM with Aero from 4/6 range have not received VINs yet but those from late March are slightly more than half filled. VINs today for config dates of 4/1, 4/3, and two from 4/6. I would take a wild guess that your VIN is likely to come within the next week or so. Just a quick guess on my part.

Reactions: Aellinsar
Finally picked up my car from MDR today. Great experience and so much fun, but they really rush you through now. I think I was there 35 minutes from the moment I walked in to driving away. Didn’t really feel like they went through the system thoroughly with me. Had to figure it out in the parking lot before driving away. I knew everything from all the YouTube videos anyway!

Finally VINdicated! Could not believe my eyes and felt a slight tremble if excitement rush through me.

Reserved: 03/31/16 in line 1 PM
Invited to configure: 04/06/18
Configured: 04/07/18 7 AM
VIN: 5/9/18 186xx (low but I’m not complaining... yet )
Black Aero EAP PUP

Congrats... weird that they are releasing these one off lower VINs.

Yeah, right? Especially when the other black aero configs from the same time range are in the 21xxx range.

Pessimism:
Could this mean that the car was previously rejected and then refurbished and there may be some issues looming? Will this have the new or the old suspension still? I will really need to brush up on that delivery checklist.

Optimism: Who cares, they probably did a thorough checkout and fixed anything that was needed and just maybe the car, being an earlier production VIN, is already on the east coast and can be delivered as early as next week?

We are also expecting a baby (our 2nd) and the going joke is that it is a race between our Tesla and our child, which will be born first. My wife is due soon (anytime in the next two weeks) so this is going to be a close one! Excited and nervous on both fronts! haha

Yeah I have some of the same pessimism concerns around whether it was a previously rejected delivery. I'm somewhat curious what a Carfax would turn up (if anything). I don't think suspension is a concern though. That was a in the VINs in the 1000-5000 type of range.