Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Configuration Invites 4/6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The husband of a co-worker of mine is friends with the mobile service guy... hopefully I don't get to know him too well. :)

Humming the Weird Al song "Lame Claim to Fame" in my head - one line is "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows Kevin Bacon" :p (we're all getting punchy waiting on VINs and delivery...)

Ordered on 4/6 (Red/Aero, based in Northern VA), got the first call from my ISA yesterday to verify pickup location and payment/trade-in options. Said my car (VIN 192xx) was sitting in the lot at Fremont waiting for a ride to the train station.

ISA called back today (Nevada area code) to follow up on the trade-in documents I submitted, and let me know that my car was en-route to the train station. After "about a week," he expects the car to show up in Richmond VA, at which point he will be able to schedule delivery to Tyson's Corner.

Ordered on 4/6 (Red/Aero, based in Northern VA), got the first call from my ISA yesterday to verify pickup location and payment/trade-in options. Said my car (VIN 192xx) was sitting in the lot at Fremont waiting for a ride to the train station.

ISA called back today (Nevada area code) to follow up on the trade-in documents I submitted, and let me know that my car was en-route to the train station. After "about a week," he expects the car to show up in Richmond VA, at which point he will be able to schedule delivery to Tyson's Corner.

Our cars are likely twins (same order date, config, VIN range).

Picked up in Kansas City this afternoon. Everything went off without a hitch and now it's nestled in the garage!

Attachments

• Snapchat-392820413.jpg
    Snapchat-392820413.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 88
Is it starting to get slightly bothersome seeing VIN's all around for later invites and still no VIN love for many of us after over 4 weeks of F5 mashing? I completely understand the tax situation for certain people but this cannot be something that came up as a surprise just now all of a sudden. Why then did they invite us to configure and take our money by making a 3-6 week commitment? I call it crowdfunding still if we are paying for the company to operate and produce cars that are going elsewhere.

Is it starting to get slightly bothersome seeing VIN's all around for later invites and still no VIN love for many of us after over 4 weeks of F5 mashing? I completely understand the tax situation for certain people but this cannot be something that came up as a surprise just now all of a sudden. Why then did they invite us to configure and take our money by making a 3-6 week commitment? I call it crowdfunding still if we are paying for the company to operate and produce cars that are going elsewhere.
Yes, I am trying to be patient knowing that some others have been waiting longer and I don't really have a pressing need. That said, I WANT the car now the refreshing is getting old. Just hoping to get a VIN and a delivery date relatively soon so I can plan accordingly. But I think there may be some 3/22 reservations that are still waiting so I appreciate that they have had an even greater wait.

Reactions: jtpassat
Yes, I am trying to be patient knowing that some others have been waiting longer and I don't really have a pressing need. That said, I WANT the car now the refreshing is getting old. Just hoping to get a VIN and a delivery date relatively soon so I can plan accordingly. But I think there may be some 3/22 reservations that are still waiting so I appreciate that they have had an even greater wait.

I have seen in the past that Elon has responded to tweets aimed at Tesla/him. Given the volume of people in the waiting bucket for a while, I am surprised there have not been any (published) exchanges recently. I am curious to hear what he would say.

As noted above, I was assigned my VIN yesterday (07-May) and just got a call from my ISA this morning (08-May) and have delivery scheduled for 08-June. She said my car was still in the factory and needed to go through 2 more inspections.
I received my VIN yesterday but have not gotten a call yet. Given your location and the timing, I expect that we may be on the same truck so I can probably expect delivery around the same time. Was hoping for late May but hey, what's another month at this point? :)

I received my VIN yesterday but have not gotten a call yet. Given your location and the timing, I expect that we may be on the same truck so I can probably expect delivery around the same time. Was hoping for late May but hey, what's another month at this point? :)
ISA gave me the option of delivery any time from June 5-9, but unfortunately, I'm traveling that week for work, so had to do delivery on Friday.

Reactions: Blue in NC