Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Configuration Invites 4/6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is what mine said as well. I am in NJ and my ISA is in Brooklyn. Wonder how long it will take...
Has my ISA returned my email yet? No.

Come on man, it's been 19 hours! Just give me my delivery date. I'll totally be able to handle the anticipation then!

No guarantee that he has an estimated delivery date yet and I assume some ISA's will wait for an estimated date before they call, otherwise they just set you up for another wait anyways and themselves up for more expectation management that they care for. I have called my ISA a couple times already with questions even though there is no date in sight lol.

Good luck though, hopefully soon!

No guarantee that he has an estimated delivery date yet and I assume some ISA's will wait for an estimated date before they call, otherwise they just set you up for another wait anyways and themselves up for more expectation management that they care for. I have called my ISA a couple times already with questions even though there is no date in sight lol.

Good luck though, hopefully soon!
Oh, I know, thanks! Just blowing off steam here rather than calling my ISA for no reason and swamping him any more than he already is. Now though, every time my gmail tab shows a (1), I get all excited. You guys tried to warn us that the VIN-to-delivery wait was harder than the previous step. I'd be lying if I said I had come to terms with that. :)

Oh, I know, thanks! Just blowing off steam here rather than calling my ISA for no reason and swamping him any more than he already is. Now though, every time my gmail tab shows a (1), I get all excited. You guys tried to warn us that the VIN-to-delivery wait was harder than the previous step. I'd be lying if I said I had come to terms with that. :)

I have to disagree, I have 7 days left before delivery and I'm as tranquil as a cow. Waiting for the config invitation was the worst.

I have to disagree, I have 7 days left before delivery and I'm as tranquil as a cow. Waiting for the config invitation was the worst.

I have to disagree as well, waiting for the VIN was the worst IMHO! Before that, while waiting for config, I did not log in and refresh the page 50 times a day obsessing over whether or not they forgot about me :p.

I think all the waits are ok at the start and then get tiring at the end. Waiting 2 years for a config invite wasn't really an issue at month 21, but as people who deposited AFTER I did got config invites, that was annoying. Waiting for VIN wasn't an issue at first, but once VINs were assigned to over 1/2 the people who configured on 4/6, that was annoying. Now a few days post-VIN the wait's ok, but I suspect once people who got the VIN on the same day get earlier delivery (per their region or whatever), that will again be annoying.

For those who aren't getting responses from your ISA, consider calling 888-51-TESLA. My assigned ISA was out much of the last couple of weeks with a "family emergency" and so wasn't responsive. Of course I'm sympathetic to whatever her issues were but there's other people who can help.

When I called, the person who answered was friendly and put me on hold to call someone locally to get my question answered. She was subsequently responsive by email.

I know this is a very unique situation but, at the end of the day, we're spending $50-60k on the car. We deserve some decent customer service. Don't feel bad about being a little pushy.

VIN! In the last hour, because I had developed enough self control to only check once an hour...

Online day 1 pre-reveal res, 10:26PM Eastern
Invited 4/6/18
Configured 4/7/18
VIN today, 208XX
Delivery TBD.

Black/Aero/EAP

Off to updated both the website and the spreadsheet since mom and dad ignore each other now after the divorce.

Edit: Can't forget to submit to Bloomberg

The website latest VIN section proved to be very useful insite into when I was coming up.
I have the same 3 starting VIN