Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Cybertruck images from earlier today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Cybertruck spotted in Palo Alto today with new camo wrap. More photos in thread.
screenshot-twitter.com-2023.06.14-01_22_59.png

For someone that seems to hate the CT and Tesla, you do spend a lot of time in the CT forum.
The amount of people hating on it here, on Reddit and on Twitter has been ramping a lot

"It will never get made" "It will be cancelled as soon as production starts because nobody will buy" and many others

Many of the FUD points on Tesla have been proven wrong again, again and again, so they go after the next one that is close, which right now is Cybertruck

Next one will be that the Mexico factory won't ever be built and no cheaper model will be made

Reactions: Dayreg
unless its valuable, justified, relevant criticism, lets ignore them, haters go away please
those really participating here, we are excited for the CT and how it will disrupt its market like so much of Tesla, once again

For someone that seems to hate the CT and Tesla, you do spend a lot of time in the CT forum.

Who said I hated either? As a CT Reservation holder and former Model 3 owner it's hilarious that any criticism = Hate. Tesla is the world leader in EV's, why wouldn't I spend my time on here looking correcting Fanboy misinformation?

For example, "disrupt the market"..... what? There are 3 other EV trucks out there that have already disrupted the market and have forced Tesla to make changes to the CT. But somehow the CT will "disrupt the market".... I cant argue that they have disrupted the market with their other offerings, but let's call it what it is....the CT is late and playing catch-up.

Reactions: Brou and spata
the shock is when we see it live and in person, a good shock
feel like groundhog day, a year ago, before starting my Tesla journey, exciting times before the CT is released
it will be like having the MY or M3 for the first time, but even more due to the versality, true off road, mountains, dunes/sand, camping, towing

the shock is when we see it live and in person, a good shock
feel like groundhog day, a year ago, before starting my Tesla journey, exciting times before the CT is released
it will be like having the MY or M3 for the first time, but even more due to the versality, true off road, mountains, dunes/sand, camping, towing

Again, none of these have been proven or even mentioned by Tesla. What makes it "true off road" compared to other offerings? If anything it'll be another Mall Crawler like most Raptors and TRX's....

For example, "disrupt the market"..... what? There are 3 other EV trucks out there that have already disrupted the market and have forced Tesla to make changes to the CT. But somehow the CT will "disrupt the market".... I cant argue that they have disrupted the market with their other offerings, but let's call it what it is....the CT is late and playing catch-up.
With the amount they are producing and will be producing in the near future due to battery constrains that is hardly disrupting the market

Reactions: CyberGus
Who said I hated either? As a CT Reservation holder and former Model 3 owner it's hilarious that any criticism = Hate. Tesla is the world leader in EV's, why wouldn't I spend my time on here looking correcting Fanboy misinformation?

My apologies. My misunderstanding.

With the amount they are producing and will be producing in the near future due to battery constrains that is hardly disrupting the market

What are we talking about "disrupting the market"? Im confused? Is it sales? Because it's going to take a hell of a lot of CT's to take the throne away from the F-150. Features? What exactly?

Design? You think others will follow suit and build a similar designed truck?

I don't understand what "disrupting the market" means when there are other EV trucks out there already and some have forced Tesla to add features to the CT to keep up.

Reactions: Brou
What are we talking about "disrupting the market"? Im confused? Is it sales? Because it's going to take a hell of a lot of CT's to take the throne away from the F-150. Features? What exactly?

Design? You think others will follow suit and build a similar designed truck?

I don't understand what "disrupting the market" means when there are other EV trucks out there already and some have forced Tesla to add features to the CT to keep up.
That is my point

So far no EV truck disrupted the market yet

I am talking about design/type disruption. I am not interested in buying a traditional full or mid size pickup truck and the disruption is taking other buyers into a new category of radical multi purpose vehicles. I think think other manufacturers will follow.
I will be very surprised if F150/Ram/Sierra buyers move over to the CT.
But I won’t be surprised if wrangler, bronco, CUV, car and other buyers consider the CT.
Consider, the CT creates a radical multipurpose vehicle category.

This thread was posted on the site's main page, which is why it's received attention from non-Cybertruck enthusiasts.

Someone may want to ask the moderators to hide Cybertruck posts behind a few clicks to keep forum regulars/Tesla owners from making critical posts about a product that nobody even owns. 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: T3SLAROD
Back to the topic

Before my MYP/M3, we had a wrangler and started getting into overlanding
I’m excited to see that Tesla and aftermarket vendors will be creating overlanding accessories

Racks, tents, trailer boxes, etc

This will also increase Tesla/EV adoption

Just saw Kim Java on YouTube showing an overland decked out R1T, looks great

I can’t see a Kia disrupting anything - the painted plastic interior practically rubs off on your fingers

I've owned a few Kias and currently own a Tesla. Kia interiors crap all over Tesla interiors in materials and fit & finish. The two aren't even in the same league. Someone on the Tesla forum criticizing the interior of ANY other car is ironic. Seriously, leave your bias at the door and go sit in fully loaded Telluride/Stinger/K5 and compare it to a Model Y/3. Some of you are just being ridiculous.