Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Dallas Service Center, Near Love Field

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although the building is much larger, the parking seems only to be about double the Welch Street location. There wouldn't be room for any public chargers.

I went there couple of weeks ago and it was difficult to find a parking spot. They had lot of Model S cars there.

I love the new facility ...wish it had more parking and place for chargers...

They told me that there will be another service center in the Fort Worth area in the near future

Tarrant County needs one before North Dallas gets one. We have as many registered cars as Dallas county :cool:
Not quite. Dallas has 422, Tarrant 138, Collin 165 & Denton 100. But when you look at EV registrations, the bulk do follow along 121. I think service centers in Grapevine & Frisco would be very well received. :)

EV Density by ZIP 041216.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
I picked up my Model S on Saturday and thought I'd share a few thoughts on the new service center. Bottom line: It's big and nice.

The service center is located at 6500 Cedar Springs, right next to the entrance to Love Field. You can't access it via Mockingbird; you have to turn onto Cedar Springs. It's right behind the Shell station on the Southeast corner of Cedar Springs and Mockingbird.

The front door leads to the store. It's a typical Tesla gallery with room for a skateboard and two cars. On Saturday they had two non-refreshed Models S, but one employee said they were getting a refreshed S and Model X for display soon.

If you walk through the gallery to the back left corner (Northeast) you get to the delivery showroom. This is where I took delivery. It's got its own garage bay and as currently configured can handle two deliveries simultaneously. Mine was the car farther back, with a gorgeous pearl white P90D X closer to the door to the gallery area. (Those 22'' Onyx wheels :drool:). Here's a pic of my car setup for delivery.
IMG_20160514_121148.jpg

While taking this picture, the door to the gallery was behind me in the corner of the room to my left. The Model X was behind me toward the right. The door to the service garages was forward to the left. This room is fairly large, and if necessary they could probably fit 3 cars at once.

Beyond the delivery area are the service garages. I actually forgot to go check them out in person because I was, obviously, a bit distracted. But my DS said the service garages have their own bay. You just pull up the ramp on the side of the building closer to Mockingbird and they will let you in. Judging by how large the building is, they have the capacity to work on maybe 5-10 cars at once? Not really sure, but it is a huge building. I also forgot to check for Wall Connector charging spots. Doh!

Outside, they have i would guess 75-100 cars parked. My DS said all of the Models X were customers' cars being prepped for delivery save two used for test drives. So, by my approximation, they had roughly 40 Models S being delivered soon, with maybe half being the refreshed version. And then that leaves as many as 60 Models X hitting the road soon.