Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Delivery on Demo 23 MYP.. what should I look for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla Pros, I will be picking up my very first Tesla this weekend. It is a demo unit with 500 miles on it. Can you help me figure out what I need to check for and what items should come with the car? The dealer said there are no more chargers included in 23. any help and guidance would be most appreciated.

The Tesla Model Y should come with the Tesla SAE J1772 charging adapter. (Check in the rear hatch storage area for the J1772 adapter.) Replacement J1772 adapters are available from Tesla for $50.

The J1772 adapter will enable you to charge at any public Level 2 charging station. (Download the Plugshare app onto your phone to location nearby public charging.) You don't need to use an adapter to charge using the Tesla Supercharger.

For home charging you can decide whether it is worth installing a dedicated 240V charging circuit or just plugging into an existing 120V 15A or 20A receptacle. If you drive 30 miles per day or less then you may be fine using the 120V charging.

Tesla SAE J1772 charging adapter:
https://shop.tesla.com/product/sae-j1772-charging-adapter

The Tesla Mobile Connector kit will enable you to charge at home using an available 120V or 240V receptacle:
https://shop.tesla.com/product/mobile-connector

If you will be installing a new 240V charging circuit then purchase the Tesla Wall Connector:
https://shop.tesla.com/product/wall-connector

Thank you. Are there any things to keep an eye on for demo units?
Damaged, torn seat covers, headrests and steering wheel. (Tesla will usually deny any claim for replacement under the warranty on these interior items. In addition extended contact with hand sanitizers can damage the steering wheel, seats if the sanitizer product spills onto the seat. Some hair care products can damage the headrests, also sunblock products.

Curbed wheels (it is so easy to do when parking next to a curb (especially passenger side front) but really all four wheels can be curbed, damaged. This is true of all Tesla Model Y but the Performance Model Y's low profile tires that are flush with the wheels make curbing the wheel almost inevitable. (Minor wheel edge damage from contact with curbs can usually be repaired.)

Hi Tesla Pros, I will be picking up my very first Tesla this weekend. It is a demo unit with 500 miles on it. Can you help me figure out what I need to check for and what items should come with the car? The dealer said there are no more chargers included in 23. any help and guidance would be most appreciated.

Demo cars are usually in very good condition, they are trying to make a good impression on potential buyers. Check for wheel curb rash, and even without an included charger you should still have the J1772 adapter, and make sure you have the 21" Uberturbine wheel center cap removal tool. Mine was missing and I just used a small allen wrench, but it was a pain in the butt that it was missing. Tow hook eye should be included as well.

Keith

• Helpful
Reactions: jcanoe