Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New EAP Trial Stuck Forever

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 42.4 firmware update Monday night. When I walked in the car Tuesday morning, a EAP trial window stuck in the screen. It says "Enhanced Autopilot Trial. Software update in progress. Please leave car in PARK and release the brake pedal. This may take a minute".

It turns out the minute means forever. 6 hours passed, the screen is still there, making the navigation park of the screen unusable. So, I searched online and found most people used a soft reboot to fix the issue.

I did so, and it did temporarily fix the problem. This morning, however, when I walked in the car, the same screen showed up again. Exact the same old issue.

Do I have to do a software reboot everyone day for the next 30 days? I contacted the local service center. They said it was a known issue. CA guys are working on a fix. I just curious if anyone finds a solution already. The other people I saw online seems do not complain the stuck screen shows up again after a soft reboot.

You will have to do the soft re-boot with the two steering wheel buttons until Tesla sends a new screen that will ask if you want to accept or decline the trial EAP. I know. Its very annoying to have to re-boot. I had to for four days and then magically the new alert showed up.