Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
parked next to PeterK today at a McDondadls of all places :)
I think he took a picture of it, what are the odds of 2 Model S's at the same place by random chance? (Outside of CA of course, which is loaded with them)

Great meeting and chatting with you, Mitch. Truly random so I posted the photo in the random sightings thread.

Random Model S sightings - Page 172

Just wanted to say hello and offer my support to the other New Englanders. We picked up our Model S 60kwh June 4th, 2013. Approaching 5000 miles and just as many WHOA's! We've averaged 318 wh/mile with lots spirited driving...fully on wind and solar power from CT's green energy program. Only a few minor cosmetic issues that Tesla fixed via flatbed and 1 day in the shop. We're in Glastonbury, CT and I believe there are two others in our town (white and another black). Thanks for helping spread Tesla to the East Coast !
tesla.jpg

Just wanted to say hello and offer my support to the other New Englanders. We picked up our Model S 60kwh June 4th, 2013. Approaching 5000 miles and just as many WHOA's! We've averaged 318 wh/mile with lots spirited driving...fully on wind and solar power from CT's green energy program. Only a few minor cosmetic issues that Tesla fixed via flatbed and 1 day in the shop. We're in Glastonbury, CT and I believe there are two others in our town (white and another black). Thanks for helping spread Tesla to the East Coast !

Welcome, Sean! Nearly 5000 miles in two months is impressive. I've done a little over 6000 in five months, though at a much higher run rate for the last three. All those miles in CT, or have you made some lengthy road trips?

Thanks Peter. It's always SO tempting to enjoy the open road, and we have been sharing the experience with many family, friends, and co-workers. This is the family car (no garage queen here). Most of our miles have been in CT, although I did take one trip to New Bedford, MA and back. The trip was mostly highway and I was able to stop on the way back at 183 miles in Stonington (where my in-laws have a 240 welder style plug for a pottery kiln...Tesla sells the adapter). Despite driving 70mph or slightly more during the highway travel, I had 20 miles range to spare. Below is the view 183 miles into the trip, at Stonington point.
stonington_view.jpg
Stonington_wh.jpg

Just confirmed my order yesterday. S85, Blue, Tan, Glossy Wood, Pano, Air Suspension, Sound Studio, Fog Lights, Parking sensors, kids seats and silver 21s. Got my VIN this AM and my estimated delivery says "Late August" - can that be right? Anyway...we are psyched. Anyone want to buy a Mercedes??!

New Model S owner here too from RI, Confirmed back in July 23rd, expecting delivery August 23rd. MyTesla page is saying "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery." Hoping its on its way very soon!

How many others here from RI?

Hi everyone
I am currently in the Boston Metrowest area, but moving to Fairfield Co CT, at some point!
I was in the market for a new vehicle and have always loved spotting a Model S on the road. I didn't really think about it too seriously until about a month ago, when I started lurking in forums like this and reading up more on these cars. A trip to the Natick Mall and a test-drive, and I was hooked. What really clinched it tho, was following a Model S driving thru Natick Town Center with a big poodle in the back! Whoever you were, thank-you......I have dogs myself and never really thought I could get a nice sedan that was this practical too!

I have to confirm my order by this Friday, still undecided on color choices. I think once I've got this confirmed I can start to get excited.

Hi everyone
I am currently in the Boston Metrowest area, but moving to Fairfield Co CT, at some point!
I was in the market for a new vehicle and have always loved spotting a Model S on the road. I didn't really think about it too seriously until about a month ago, when I started lurking in forums like this and reading up more on these cars. A trip to the Natick Mall and a test-drive, and I was hooked. What really clinched it tho, was following a Model S driving thru Natick Town Center with a big poodle in the back! Whoever you were, thank-you......I have dogs myself and never really thought I could get a nice sedan that was this practical too!

I have to confirm my order by this Friday, still undecided on color choices. I think once I've got this confirmed I can start to get excited.

Not sure where you are moving in CT, but Wilton is getting a service center soon, and the car wash in Wilton is great at getting dog hair out of my Model S. It is a Tesla friendly area, to be sure.

Not sure where you are moving in CT, but Wilton is getting a service center soon, and the car wash in Wilton is great at getting dog hair out of my Model S. It is a Tesla friendly area, to be sure.

Hi Mike, thanks yes I knew about the SC in Wilton. That, and the current supercharger locations made the decision to go with the MS a lot easier. Not sure where I'll be moving to exactly yet, I'll step up the househunting efforts once I get a buyer this end, but probably in the Fairfield/Westport area. At the moment I'm driving down every other week or so, so I'll be needing those superchargers in Darien or Milford just as soon as MS arrives :smile:

Finally Delivered! Tesla number 13 for RI, so the folks in MA service station saying, my lucky number.

Already put 200 miles on it today, cant wait for a supercharger here is Northern New England, Boston area.

20130823_102615_Reduced.jpg

Hi Mike, thanks yes I knew about the SC in Wilton. That, and the current supercharger locations made the decision to go with the MS a lot easier. Not sure where I'll be moving to exactly yet, I'll step up the househunting efforts once I get a buyer this end, but probably in the Fairfield/Westport area. At the moment I'm driving down every other week or so, so I'll be needing those superchargers in Darien or Milford just as soon as MS arrives :smile:

Nice to have another future Model S owner in the area.... I'm from Westchester but in the CT/Westport/New Canaan area a lot for work. Looking forward to meeting you some time!

Aaron

Hello Tslagrl. I live in Fairfield (no dogs and have not tried transporting my two chickens in the back yet!). If you need some advice on the area (I grew up in Westport) let me know. Otherwise, welcome to the area when you get here and hope you have a speedy delivery.