Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New finance rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good tip for those that qualify for Alliant membership. Thanks.
Anyone 'qualifies', you either get the loan to qualify, or, if you want to set things up in advance, you donate $5 (I think it is) to some foundation. Look at the list for 'how can I join Alliant'. Did that way back to be ready. Then someone said all you have to do is apply for a loan. But it does get some of the 'sign up, make a login' overhead out of the way. :D

Reactions: cantbechanged
Besides the 60-day lock, is there any advantage to going through Alliant directly rather than through Tesla Lending (which deals with 4 banks apparently, not sure if Alliant is included)? I see in the details that Alliant has additional stipulations on payment to get lowest interest rate. I also wonder if they include any penalties for prepayment or extra payment of principal, and/or a minimum time you must keep the loan product open before payoff. The Tesla Lending agreement prohibits all that.

Besides the 60-day lock, is there any advantage to going through Alliant directly rather than through Tesla Lending (which deals with 4 banks apparently, not sure if Alliant is included)? I see in the details that Alliant has additional stipulations on payment to get lowest interest rate. I also wonder if they include any penalties for prepayment or extra payment of principal, and/or a minimum time you must keep the loan product open before payoff. The Tesla Lending agreement prohibits all that.
I don't think there's any penalty to going direct to Alliant (and Alliant is one of the four Tesla has...) I did it to get preapproved to be sure there wouldn't be an issue when I ordered. Also, I believe you get the 0.99 if your credit score is over 750 or something like that. YMMV....

I don't think there's any penalty to going direct to Alliant (and Alliant is one of the four Tesla has...) I did it to get preapproved to be sure there wouldn't be an issue when I ordered. Also, I believe you get the 0.99 if your credit score is over 750 or something like that. YMMV....

Ok thanks. I did the Tesla application and US Bank said they only offer max 100% financing and gave me that without any required documentation. I asked the Tesla Lending folks why their “max” amount in calculator was higher and they said they could ask Chase, who then offered 105% also with no docs required so we went with that since Tesla also verified no prepayment penalties. However our delivery was bollocks and I ended up with a loaner and Tesla asking me if they could do delivery after they took the car back to fix problems. Said problems to be subject of another thread...

Reactions: boaterva