TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New front fascia from UP

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by SoCalGuy, Jul 22, 2018.

1. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Just saw the new front fascia from Unplugged Performance from their Instagram story from this weekend's Tesla SoCal meetup. I'm not normally one to like any after marker stuff on cars but I gotta say I'm impressed with their fascia - I think it looks better than stock! I do wonder how it changes the drag coefficient and overall aerodynamics/efficiency though.

Would love to see if they install one of these in silver.

Anyone on TMC considering getting one of these?

IMG_3518.jpg

2. forkee

forkee Member

well...they went from looking like a Porsche to a Ferrari, lol

still prefer the stock

should make this a poll

3. petemelster

petemelster New Member

I'm heavily debating getting one, then wrapping it in Xpel Stealth for the matte look. But everyone I've asked so far preferred the stock bumper :(

4. EVMeister

EVMeister Member

I think it looks like somebody damaged the car by ramming the front. Oh and mind the speed bumps! Each to their own, but for me I much prefer the stock look.

• Funny x 1
  5. nalang

nalang Member

Been in contact with UP regarding this bumper. I think it looks great but I am also wanting more info on how it may impact efficiency and range. I was informed production bumpers won’t be ready for another 3 months. They are accepting pre-orders with a $500 deposit (and $400 cheaper overall price). I was also informed that the deposit is fully refundable before delivery of the bumper - this was a key piece of information for me and will be the reason why I will pre-order while I wait for more info from UP.

• Informative x 1
  6. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Yeah I should've made this a poll :/

7. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

$2400 for a bumper cover..........

• Like x 1
  8. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I like the hood line tweak, but do not like all the stuff they did around the lower grill. I would totally buy one if it was just the hood tweak but kept the factory look for everything else.

9. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Interesting... are you sure you don't have his reversed? :cool:
    The stock bumper looks like a duck bill with a fat lip ... the new design is smooth and refined with an integrated line from the hood.

[​IMG]

• Helpful x 3
    • Funny x 1
  10. EVMeister

EVMeister Member

^^ That's a better picture of it. But I still prefer the original. It is an unnatural angle to look at them from, though, so I think it's a silly comparison. Bet this looks better in person (same for the original).

11. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

I hope someone gets it done in silver so I can see what it looks like in my color of choice before deciding to do it...

12. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

I like the fog light areas better but I don't like the seam down the middle.

13. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Their stuff is ok but check out the S forums for the refresh nose cone they made ..lot of fitment issues

• Informative x 1
  14. drawfour

drawfour Member

Holy crap, that looks bad. That looks like the kind of thing a ricer would say adds 50hp. Add some stickers and get another 5hp!

• Funny x 2