Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New guy question: does the Model 3 have a trip distance tracker similar to a old Chevy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP: You're fairly new here, so let me offer some unsolicited advice.

If you had omitted the "similar to an old Chevy" from your thread title, people might not have given you such a hard time. You implied that you didn't think the Tesla had a feature that has been common in ICE cars for a long time, even if you really didn't think that. A quick look at the manual would have answered your question too.

Nothing wrong with posting questions here, but the expectation is that you've made at least some effort to find the answer before doing that.

Got it.
OP: You're fairly new here, so let me offer some unsolicited advice.

If you had omitted the "similar to an old Chevy" from your thread title, people might not have given you such a hard time. You implied that you didn't think the Tesla had a feature that has been common in ICE cars for a long time, even if you really didn't think that. A quick look at the manual would have answered your question too.

Nothing wrong with posting questions here, but the expectation is that you've made at least some effort to find the answer before doing that.

Vehicle manuals are very difficult to use, especially when you don't know the name of what you are searching for. I neither thought nor gave the impression that the car didn't have it, I just couldn't find it (and frankly, once I was shown it is one of the least intuitive screens in the system).

It was a simple question, and luckily for me there was at least one member who was friendly and willing to help rather than dish out chastisement.

Got it.

Vehicle manuals are very difficult to use, especially when you don't know the name of what you are searching for. I neither thought nor gave the impression that the car didn't have it, I just couldn't find it (and frankly, once I was shown it is one of the least intuitive screens in the system).

It was a simple question, and luckily for me there was at least one member who was friendly and willing to help rather than dish out chastisement.
Really? Owners manuals are written pretty well, they even include pictures and diagrams for a lot of topics. I was just having a little fun with you before, but now I don't know what to say. If you can't understand the owners manual, you probably shouldn't be using the product. That goes for more than just cars 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Stan930
Really? Owners manuals are written pretty well, they even include pictures and diagrams for a lot of topics. I was just having a little fun with you before, but now I don't know what to say. If you can't understand the owners manual, you probably shouldn't be using the product. That goes for more than just cars 🤦‍♂️
Owners manuals are crammed full of legal-ese and rear-end covering. They ceased being easy and accessible decades ago.

(moderator note)

Moved some posts (and some responses) that were not appropriate.

As a comment toward the inappropriate responses, it likely would have been easier to just skip the thread if it bothered you.

As a comment for the OP, this IS a pretty friendly forum, however there also is pushback when people come and say, basically "I dont have time to search google, or here, just tell me". Doesnt make the personal attacks right or correct, but I am explaining why they happen for future information.

Reactions: queenamydala