Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New headlights vs free 1yr supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told I would get 1 yr supercharging though, anyone know how to check that?
Good question, and please let us know the answer. A Tesla HQ guy said the 1,000 free miles (from a referral code) would appear on the screen, but forgot to ask about the free supercharging. I assume it should say that as well, but how? It should say something on your account for sure, but I'd like to see it in writing somewhere at delivery, since it reportedly doesn't kick in until mid January. Let's see what your SA says. Good luck.

Picked up my 2021 LR (Blue) yesterday. Pittsburgh. VIN 853xxx. Doesn't have the new headlights. I did see two MSMs sitting outside ready for pickup that had the new headlights. I'm not terribly heartbroken about it. The current lights perform great.

Supercharging: I already had a referral so the 1000 free miles show up in the app. The SA said one year free supercharging is included. It did not show up in the app. I supercharged for +187 miles yesterday and the balance of Free supercharger miles remaining did not change from 1000 and my credit card also showed no charges.

Hope this answers some questions.

Reactions: sdowens1026
Unless one has no access to home or work charging, or is a traveling salesperson, or drives across country all the time, free supercharging really doesnt mean all that much.

I'm a little behind the times on this post, but just had to jump on and say "absolutely right..."

Our Model X has free lifetime supercharging. We took advantage of it during our 7,000 mile road trip, but that's the only time since we bought it in June. I calculated it to be about $450 worth of Supercharging, give or take. So that was kinda nice but a very rare event.

Now, on the Model 3, through the generosity of others, I've accumulated 7,000 miles' worth of Supercharging and extended the expiration till 7/15/2023. I've used a grand total of 348 miles' worth in almost 2 years. Fully expect to still expire miles in 2023.

I've started referring other peoples' referral codes when asked for one. It's not worth adding to the pile for me at this point.

A2E1347D-08D0-4331-B001-86A2F8CB136C_1_201_a.jpeg

I've accumulated 7,000 miles' worth of Supercharging and extended the expiration till 7/15/2023.
Hey, how the heck did you do that? I was told all such miles automatically expire after 6 months from referral delivery. In my case, 1-yr free supercharging would wipe them out, instead of them starting after the free year. But I'd be able to at least supercharge once with them, since the free year takes a couple of weeks to kick in, reportedly. But curious how you extend the date, although I don't anticipate having your 'problem'. Ha ha.

Hey, how the heck did you do that? I was told all such miles automatically expire after 6 months from referral delivery. In my case, 1-yr free supercharging would wipe them out, instead of them starting after the free year. But I'd be able to at least supercharge once with them, since the free year takes a couple of weeks to kick in, reportedly. But curious how you extend the date, although I don't anticipate having your 'problem'. Ha ha.

Each new referral pushes the expiration date out by 6 months. Or at least it did - not sure if it still does. Then there was an extension due to the Covid situation across the board as well.

Each new referral pushes the expiration date out by 6 months. Or at least it did - not sure if it still does. Then there was an extension due to the Covid situation across the board as well.
I was on the same boat, but I stopped at 1k miles, because I couldn't even use 1k mile. To get out of our way just to save a few bucks to me is just not worth, unless I work or live really close to a supercharger. I re-referred to other people that may need it.

What are the chances I got the new lights? My sa says my car was literally just built. 869xxx white/white m3p
My car was built 12/16 with a vin of 870xxx this shows people Tesla doesn’t build in a vin order. Just so some people are aware. We have the same build. White/white M3P. Side note: I’m not 100% yours was just built. But it’s possible for sure.

Picked up my M3, LR, DM, 18" wheels, No FSD on 12/29/20
VIN 87xxxx

New headlights CONFIRMED
The build quality was actually very good. A few very minor panel gaps and some weather stripping around the trunk. It was actually the best quality Tesla I have taken delivery of (previous 3 and Y owner).

I also get 1 full year of supercharging and 3 free months of FSD for taking delivery in the last 3 days of the month

Adding my experience here and hope this helps...

I’m in the Bay Area, CA.
Got my M3SR+ RWD white/black, yesterday on 12/29 ordered on 10/19. Vin: 871xxx.
Was brought to me through touchless/minimal contact delivery.

Got:
* New headlights (didn’t know about this until after I got the car )
* FSD (didn’t know about this either)
* 1 year supercharging (got a text confirming this)

Didn’t know anything about the FSD offer , but later in the day on 12/29, car shows FSD options and the app shows FSD under purchased upgrades.

For the manufactured date and 1 year of supercharging, I got a text from Tesla.

Attachments

• 3ECC236E-E6A1-4D28-A75F-C652524317CC.jpeg
    3ECC236E-E6A1-4D28-A75F-C652524317CC.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 69
  • D336709F-8B9B-4893-B4F5-33435D9EDB46.jpeg
    D336709F-8B9B-4893-B4F5-33435D9EDB46.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 61
I finally got my long range VIN last Sunday after waiting since Oct 20 order date.
After these posts I thought surely I would have a later VIN but was disappointed to get 86XXX. I was going to unmatch it to make sure I got the new headlights but SA saw the build date of Dec 24. I decided to keep my delivery date today and unmatch in person if necessary. I did ask my delivery center if they could confirm before I went in but didnt expect them to get back to me. Fortunately they got back to me late last night and confirmed the new lights...then of course finally saw it in person today! All the Model 3s for delivery had the new lights but all their VINs were at least 87XXX. As some have said the VIN is just one part of the formula!

I finally got my long range VIN last Sunday after waiting since Oct 20 order date.
After these posts I thought surely I would have a later VIN but was disappointed to get 86XXX. I was going to unmatch it to make sure I got the new headlights but SA saw the build date of Dec 24. I decided to keep my delivery date today and unmatch in person if necessary. I did ask my delivery center if they could confirm before I went in but didnt expect them to get back to me. Fortunately they got back to me late last night and confirmed the new lights...then of course finally saw it in person today! All the Model 3s for delivery had the new lights but all their VINs were at least 87XXX. As some have said the VIN is just one part of the formula!

the VIN is only one piece. You clearly left out the third number of your VIN as well which sheds light on the matter. For instance, 867xxx and 869xxx have had some new headlights, where we haven’t seen any 861xxx yet with them.

the VIN is only one piece. You clearly left out the third number of your VIN as well which sheds light on the matter. For instance, 867xxx and 869xxx have had some new headlights, where we haven’t seen any 861xxx yet with them.
Correct! 863,xxx is the lowest I believe. Anything above 870,xxx has them. Born date after 12/13 -12/15 is where it started anything after that has them.

My VIN is 866xxx and I have new headlights.

We supercharged yesterday and it showed a bill for it. On my Tesla account for the build it shows FSD but pay per used supercharging. Any idea how we are supposed to activate the free supercharging?