Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3 range plus can only charge max 238?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Means nothing. Percentage is of more value. Understand that your range between charges will vary based on how you drive and use the energy. Much like your cell phone. Browse YouTube all day without WiFi, battery goes faster. Turn your screen brightness down, and read an e-book, battery lasts longer.

Range on the battery meter does not change based on how you drive. It varies more with how you charge.

My car has consistently shown 278 miles at 90% charge. Wether my wh/mi is high due to it being frigid out and heat blasting or low because it’s 70F out and no heat. It’s consistent because I vary my charging and I don’t baby it or consistently do the same thing. That’s why the estimate is consistent.

Now the Energy chart showing your trip does factor in your driving and conditions.

But the battery level does not care how you have or will be driving (it’s an “absolute” measurement, but it is an estimate than can get off). But it does vary with charging patterns.

Last edited:
Reactions: hcdavis3
I got the same issue like you today. I have finally decided to try to charge it 100%. Pushed my limit bar all the way to the end. It was done charging at 237 miles. 99% charging completed. I tried to recharge to see if it can go to 100%, it won’t. Only have 2k miles on the car so far.

I got the same issue like you today. I have finally decided to try to charge it 100%. Pushed my limit bar all the way to the end. It was done charging at 237 miles. 99% charging completed. I tried to recharge to see if it can go to 100%, it won’t. Only have 2k miles on the car so far.
That's 98.75% of rated new capacity. Nothing to worry about. The degradation is a little steeper when new, then it settles down.

Reactions: hcdavis3

All putting it in percent mode will do is make the math easier to see the % error in the measurement of the battery level.

I think it’s easier to see you have say 50 miles left than it to display a meaningless 16% which means nothing to me.