Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Kavanic Uberturbine style wheel cover for 18” Model 3 Aero Wheels (Available in US Canada & EU)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So then they really aren't locked in place and can easily be removed like the Tesla OEM Aero Wheels. The Rimetrix wheel covers that I currently have actually lock in place via the center cap, it has to be removed to be able to take off the wheel covers. I was hoping yours did this a well.
Those appear you can just pry the cap off from the outside is what they show in their demo video so not sure that would prevent a theif from popping them off. If you are worried about the hubcaps from being stolen would recommend keeping sentrymode enabled.

any standerd center cap is just pressure fit and can’t truely lock to the hub as the wheels Center nut has to go into the rim. So a theif could still probably remove the cap all the same.

Those appear you can just pry the cap off from the outside is what they show in their demo video so not sure that would prevent a theif from popping them off. If you are worried about the hubcaps from being stolen would recommend keeping sentrymode enabled.

any standerd center cap is just pressure fit and can’t truely lock to the hub as the wheels Center nut has to go into the rim. So a theif could still probably remove the cap all the same.
These Uberturbine caps with metal clips (much like the OEM ones) can actually take quite a bit of force to remove, so not every thief may be able to remove them quickly anyways. Honestly I don't think the caps are worth stealing anyways, practically no one will want to buy used caps, given new ones are relatively cheap.

Which did you get and do you have any issues with noise? Thank you.
I bought here when it shipped from Amazon (now it doesn't):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B6CBQBSS/

I believe they largely come from the same supplier, just different sellers, although there is at least two versions or more (the edges are a bit different in another design).

No noise issues at all. I did use the supplied foam tape.

Hey, I was wondering if you have had any noise issues with this because I am considering getting them. Thank you.
No real noise issues (it came with some cushion tape material I did not install it…yet…unless it becomes more audible I dont plan on installing the tape/foam) At very low speeds if I have my window open I can faintly hear the creaking but is measurably less than what my stock caps made.

Once I’m moving more than a crawl I can’t hear it over the std road noise or if my window is close can’t hear it either.

KAVANIC Fits Tesla Model 3 Wheel Cover Hubcap 18 Inch Matte Black Support Logo Range Improvement (4 PCS) Uberturbine Style 2017-2023 Model 3 Aero Wheel Cover Replacement https://a.co/d/8LKA5Mv

Last edited:
Want the look of the 20” Uberturbine wheels but doesn’t want to pay $$$ or just doesn’t want to lose the extra range? Now there’s a solution! We are happy to introduce our 18” Uberturbine wheel cover for the Model 3.

Benefits:
  • Keeps the OEM Uberturbine look
  • Keep the same range
  • Covers the whole rim, protect against curb rush or hide it if you already have it
  • Simple snap-on installation, no messy plasti-dip
  • Come with blank center cover but optional logo available
Interested?

Kavanic Model 3 Wheel Covers (4 PCS):

🇺🇸 US: Amazon.com
🇨🇦 Canada: Amazon.ca
🇩🇪 Germany: Amazon.de
🇮🇹 Italy: Amazon.it
🇫🇷 France: Amazon.fr
🇪🇸 Spain: Amazon.es

Or if you have a Model Y, Checkout Here

More Accessories:

NFC Siri Shortcut Frunk Trunk Logo Covers
And more to come!

View attachment 882711
View attachment 882712
View attachment 882714
View attachment 882715
View attachment 882716
These look great!
I was wondering, should these not be directional? Ie two for the left and two for the right side, so that they are all rotating forward with the same pitch of the 'blades'? IE from the photos, it looks like the left side wheels will blow air away from the wheel, and the right side will scoop air into the wheel. Or am I overthinking things?

These look great!
I was wondering, should these not be directional? Ie two for the left and two for the right side, so that they are all rotating forward with the same pitch of the 'blades'? IE from the photos, it looks like the left side wheels will blow air away from the wheel, and the right side will scoop air into the wheel. Or am I overthinking things?
The OEM wheels are not directional either. If you want directional for these covers, there are sellers on AliExpress that sell directional versions.

I tried these.
They looked good but the problem is the quality.
They are made of brittle, thin plastic material. Expect to break the retention clips when you remove the wheel caps. The quality pales in comparison to the OEM caps which are made of thicker and more flexible material that will not break.

In my opinion these are definitely not worth the $200 price tag.

Just wanted to add that I managed to get them on but it wasn’t particularly easy. One of the clips seems a bit loose on one of the hubcaps.
Add some lube to the plastic bits on the center part where it interfaces with the center hub of the wheel. It will go in much easier after you do that. Same is true of the OEM ones.

Detailed in this post:

If one of metal clips seem loose on the wheel cover, check if they are misaligned. The metal clip isn't on there very tight so easy for them to get knocked out of alignment while wheel cover is not installed yet.

Last edited:
I just got these. Ceramic coated them with Cerakote Ceramic Trim Coat kit, and they look fantastic.
I have one question about applying the foam tape to the covers. Is there any special prep required? Just clean them with alcohol and let it dry? Do I need to use an adhesion promoter after cleaning them? Thanks.

Any tips for removing? I'm hesitant to try since it wasn't exactly easy for me to get them on.
My post about lubing the center plastic also had some points about removal. basically just releasing the spokes (can do so by feeling with fingers) then pulling hard to release center. It's still very difficult to do if you don't lube the center as there is no place you can reach into to release the center hub, it just requires some force.

I just got these. Ceramic coated them with Cerakote Ceramic Trim Coat kit, and they look fantastic.
I have one question about applying the foam tape to the covers. Is there any special prep required? Just clean them with alcohol and let it dry? Do I need to use an adhesion promoter after cleaning them? Thanks.
I just cleaned with alcohol and let dry and stuck them on. It sticks pretty well on the existing plastic, plus once your cap is on, they aren't really going to go anywhere anyways as it would be sandwiched between the wheel and the cover.