Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member bought my first Telsa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to introduce myself as a new forum member. I have been a Tesla fan for a long time now since the roadster was just a concept. I also demoed my first model S in 2013 a P85 and I fell in love with the car and brand. Like many I couldn't justify the purchase price so for the last few years I have been lurking and waiting for used car prices to come down some.

Having experience in rebuilding salvage motorcycles as a side hobby and working on bikes and cars in general I decided to buy a salvage Tesla model S P85 2013. As a fun project and a way to get my hands on a P85 at reduced cost.

I should be taking delivery of it in the next few days but from the auction photos and descriptions I'm hoping it will be an easy repair. The major damage in along the entire passenger side.

I think at worst I will need to replace both side doors and the rear quarter panel is questionable. I am also a little concerned if there is any damage to the frame in between the two passenger doors. I picked up the car for $25k and it is advertised to be running and driving so all the repairs should be cosmetic.

I'm excited to finally own a Tesla even though its a wreck but I hop to get it sorted soon.
Ill attach some pics from the auction let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 57
  • tsla.jpg
    tsla.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 60
I'd like to introduce myself as a new forum member. I have been a Tesla fan for a long time now since the roadster was just a concept. I also demoed my first model S in 2013 a P85 and I fell in love with the car and brand. Like many I couldn't justify the purchase price so for the last few years I have been lurking and waiting for used car prices to come down some.

Having experience in rebuilding salvage motorcycles as a side hobby and working on bikes and cars in general I decided to buy a salvage Tesla model S P85 2013. As a fun project and a way to get my hands on a P85 at reduced cost.

I should be taking delivery of it in the next few days but from the auction photos and descriptions I'm hoping it will be an easy repair. The major damage in along the entire passenger side.

I think at worst I will need to replace both side doors and the rear quarter panel is questionable. I am also a little concerned if there is any damage to the frame in between the two passenger doors. I picked up the car for $25k and it is advertised to be running and driving so all the repairs should be cosmetic.

I'm excited to finally own a Tesla even though its a wreck but I hop to get it sorted soon.
Ill attach some pics from the auction let me know what you guys think.
Congrats! Repairs will be expensive but, itll be worth it!