Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member, looking to buy a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im surprised noone offered you a referral code to share some free supercharger miles.

too late to retrospectively apply, but if you do cancel and reorder from inventory, make sure that you start the order with a referral link. You can PM me to share mine if you like but tbh, if someone offered to show you their car up close, they would be more worthy candidate.

Reactions: Roy W.
Im surprised noone offered you a referral code to share some free supercharger miles.

too late to retrospectively apply, but if you do cancel and reorder from inventory, make sure that you start the order with a referral link. You can PM me to share mine if you like but tbh, if someone offered to show you their car up close, they would be more worthy candidate.

I did have a referral code, from someone on a non-car related forum I knew well, so we've both got the 1,000 free Supercharger miles. Unfortunately he lives at the other end of the country, so I've not been able to take a look at his car (not really me that wants to see one in the flesh, really, it's my wife!).

I went through the same mental process re VED. Annoying as hell... but I bit the bullet just like you.

I bought an inventory car and had it within a couple of weeks from start to finish... YMMV.

Keep checking the inventory pages and jump on any that fit the bill for you would be my advice.

EDIT: You have made the right choice by the way... what a car!

I've had a look at the inventory pages, and there's one there that is the same spec as the car I've ordered, but a fair bit more expensive (can't get my head around that). The car I've ordered is a black, LR AWD, black interior, aero wheels, no FSD or tow hitch. There's what looks like the same spec car listed in inventory but it's nearly £2.5k more. Not sure quite why that is, TBH, as I did look at the inventory list before I ordered, then did a double take at the higher price, when compared to the price on the order site.

• Disagree
Reactions: T.F.S.
I did have a referral code, from someone on a non-car related forum I knew well, so we've both got the 1,000 free Supercharger miles. Unfortunately he lives at the other end of the country, so I've not been able to take a look at his car (not really me that wants to see one in the flesh, really, it's my wife!).

I've had a look at the inventory pages, and there's one there that is the same spec as the car I've ordered, but a fair bit more expensive (can't get my head around that). The car I've ordered is a black, LR AWD, black interior, aero wheels, no FSD or tow hitch. There's what looks like the same spec car listed in inventory but it's nearly £2.5k more. Not sure quite why that is, TBH, as I did look at the inventory list before I ordered, then did a double take at the higher price, when compared to the price on the order site.

You sure?

All I can see now is this...

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Cheapest inventory on the site. But... note it does have a tow hitch AND a white interior.

Taking these options into account - the asking price for the inventory is exactly the same as for a fresh order.

Not as good as deal a few weeks back (inventory orders were discounted).

But not losing anything.

That's the link I've been checking, and there's this car listed: 2019 Model 3 | Tesla UK

My order shows as:

upload_2019-10-25_15-37-20.png

and the inventory car shows as:

upload_2019-10-25_15-38-47.png

Not sure why there's a price difference, unless I'm missing something that's not immediately obvious.

• Disagree
That's the link I've been checking, and there's this car listed: 2019 Model 3 | Tesla UK

My order shows as:

View attachment 469868

and the inventory car shows as:

View attachment 469869

Not sure why there's a price difference, unless I'm missing something that's not immediately obvious.

That is weird... maybe has FSD but not listed????

They are selling other LR AWD at the correct current price so the example you found is an anomaly... you could pick this up if you are prepared to spring the extra grand for a white interior for example...

Attachments

• long range tesla.JPG
    long range tesla.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 22
It is weird, isn't it?

It may be that the inventory car has FSD, but it doesn't say that in the description, AFAICS.

I'd prefer the all-black interior, TBH, I'm not a fan of white.

I don't want FSD, as I can't see that it's going to be of much use for the sort of driving I do, plus I have doubts as to whether it will really work OK in the UK, at least for another year or two, maybe longer. The only FSD feature that seems worth having is summon, but over £5k extra for that seems a bit OTT.

• Disagree
It is weird, isn't it?

It may be that the inventory car has FSD, but it doesn't say that in the description, AFAICS.

I'd prefer the all-black interior, TBH, I'm not a fan of white.

I don't want FSD, as I can't see that it's going to be of much use for the sort of driving I do, plus I have doubts as to whether it will really work OK in the UK, at least for another year or two, maybe longer. The only FSD feature that seems worth having is summon, but over £5k extra for that seems a bit OTT.
I agree - FSD value is highly suspect at the moment IMHO.

The white interior looks mint though.... if it meant avoiding any concern you have about getting car before xmas... worth considering?

Or just keep an eye on the inventory pages - they keep changing every week.