Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Owner....Couple of Infotainment Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the car (2021 Model 3 Performance) for a couple of weeks and I have a couple of issues that don't seem to be covered anywhere. It's probably obvious, but let me know what I am doing wrong:
1. If I have Netflix running (and I frequently do, due to waiting on kids at various practices, etc.), how do I access the climate controls. I sometimes want to adjust the temperature, or turn the heated seat on/off. It seems you have to completely exit Netflix to do that?
2. If someone calls me, the volume is always turned all the way down when I answer. It takes a few seconds to scroll the volume up and so it always leads to the "hello...what....I didn't get that". No problems like that in my other vehicles, so I don't think it's a phone issue (Galaxy S10+). The same does not seem to be true for outgoing calls.
3. Sometimes it seems like Netflix takes a long time to exit, to the point that I think the screen is locked up. Is there a specific way to exit?

Thanks for the advice.

Todd

I can't say whether it's the same on the 3, but with my S, along the top of the screen while in Netflix (or any of the other Theater apps) there's a small bar across the top with volume, climate, and brightness controls. You can only change the cabin temp, volume level, and brightness, but that's all you need for the most part. If you want more complex settings, as said above you can always use the phone app, too.

I can't say whether it's the same on the 3, but with my S, along the top of the screen while in Netflix (or any of the other Theater apps) there's a small bar across the top with volume, climate, and brightness controls. You can only change the cabin temp, volume level, and brightness, but that's all you need for the most part. If you want more complex settings, as said above you can always use the phone app, too.
Thats the same on the 3 but its not obvious how to get those controls to appear. Usually tapping up there near the top of the screen will make them appear, but I just use my phone as others mentioned.

On point 2, I havent had that issue, but in general phone volume settings through the car can get "funky" because how the phone volume + the car volume "work together" (or dont work together well). On android phones, I think you can turn up the volume for a specific connection but I dont use my android phone much (its very old and work pays for a company iPhone so I just use that).

Try sitting in the car, having someone call you and turning up the volume on your PHONE (instead of turning the volume up in the car) to an acceptable level, and then seeing if that fixes that issue.

On point 3, yeah netflix can sometimes take a long time to exit, havent really found a way around that. I used to use it to have lunch in my car (as opposed to eating at my desk) when I was driving into work every day, because I got a real break that way, and an air conditioned / heated tesla with decent surround sound and netflix was a pretty relaxing way to enjoy a real lunch break vs the 10 minutes I normally got scarfing food at my desk while working.

Since, well, "2020" I have been mostly working from home, so havent used netflix much recently... only when I took my mom to a doctors appointment and sat in the car while waiting.

On a side note, there are much worst places to wait for someone than in a tesla, watching some streaming media or other, or listening to some music. almost like being at home (almost).

Thanks for that tip. Used it this evening. You have to touch the screen in my 3 to get those controls to come up, but the pop right up and did what I needed. I turned the seat heater on with the phone app. Would be nice to have the seat heater included on that tool bar, but that's nit picking! Thanks, again.