Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 - sudden change in 110 charging speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car won't let you RAISE the amperage WHILE you are charging, so you need to set it the max of 12 amps BEFORE you actually start charging.
Hmm, model 3 thing? I can definitely do this in my S during an active session.

No it’s a “mistaken” thing or perhaps a “used to not let you a long time ago” thing.

It works just fine on the 3 to lower and/or raise amps while charging.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
No it’s a “mistaken” thing or perhaps a “used to not let you a long time ago” thing.

It works just fine on the 3 to lower and/or raise amps while charging.

With all of the "disagrees" I received, I figured I was wrong, but I was on travel and couldn't see for myself. On my S (early 2014) I couldn't do this and so never tried it on the 3. My bad. I'll try to know what I'm talking about next time I respond to a thread with actual advice :) .

Reactions: darth_vad3r
With all of the "disagrees" I received, I figured I was wrong, but I was on travel and couldn't see for myself. On my S (early 2014) I couldn't do this and so never tried it on the 3. My bad. I'll try to know what I'm talking about next time I respond to a thread with actual advice :) .

All good, I figured it could be the latter given people have been on the Tesla-train a lot longer than all us n00bs and they keep changing how things work ;)

Reactions: Polly Wog