Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S roof rack from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone come up with a 3D printable solution or make these "sock" available to the rest of us? I put some tape over the back of mine and it definitely makes a difference. I would love a more permanent solution, but don't want to re-create the wheel if someone has already done the heavy lifting.

Instead of a sock, what about an insert to snap into place once it's mounted? I bet I could design and 3D print out some covers for this area. That does look like it would make a bunch of noise. For the price you pay for them, that's not ideal.

View attachment 80776

Here is a pic of my "silencing sock" for the Tesla Whisbar rack. This is a prototype and a final version would have black thread. Also one side is longer than the other as I wasn't sure if the shorter sock would stay put, but both did over the winter.
View attachment 151922View attachment 151923View attachment 151924

Has anyone come up with a 3D printable solution or make these "sock" available to the rest of us? I put some tape over the back of mine and it definitely makes a difference. I would love a more permanent solution, but don't want to re-create the wheel if someone has already done the heavy lifting.
If someone is willing to let me borrow one of the mounts, I can design and print one out. And yes, I have the pano roof with the mount points, to test. PM me, if interested.