Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You would do well to listen to the members on this forum and test out each option. I have the same config as you and really missed out on some of the features and now cannot go back.

1. Premium upgrade package. I thought the same expensive for some lights. But it's super dark in the car without those lights and cannot be retrofitted. In addition biodefense mode for any smells or allergies. Fog lights and also when you turn it illuminates the sides giving you much improved visibility. One weak point in the car is headlights and being super dark. Pup resolves that and gives you added goodies.

2. Fsd won't be here for a while. You can pick this up with a bonus check later, tax refund etc. the hardware for it is always going to be available when it's perfected, activate.

3. Subzero mode is useless. It does nothing for winter driving despite the name. Yes heated steering wheel is amazing and only $1000 option. Cheap to pick up.

4. Regular seats are fine. The new regular seats have extra bolsters which are even better. If you have kids or is planning on ever eating in the car the next gen seats are easier to clean.

5. No air is a good choice. Less problems and the normal height of the car is fine. You're not off-roading.

6. Normal sound is fantastic.

7. Standard wheels looks fine. Cheaper tires and less apt to pothole damage. You can always aftermarket a set for cheaper on the marketplace here.

8. The inside color makes a big difference in how spacious and bright the car feels. Blue outside is a very good choice.

I don't think you can change opinions a week before delivery without taking a $500 hit or them even allowing it. You have a week from ordering to change and then that's it.

It's an amazing car no matter the config. If you will keep it forever, then don't miss out on the options that really matter.

Regarding "can't be retrofitted" under Point 1, believe you are incorrect here with respect to new MSs. I've seen a few threads on the forum and watched an install video done by Erik where he upgraded his interior lighting with LED lights from Abstract Ocean. Benjiejr also did a video, showing the result after he updated his car with the AO lights. So even though the OP didn't order the PUP he could still upgrade the lighting in the car. We did order the PUP on ours as we liked a few of the items in the list but if the only thing you're interested in is the lighting (agree it's pretty dark without), then at least there's a less expensive alternative available.

We ordered the EAP package but not the FSD one. Figuring having something sooner than later was the way to go. Since the car will have all the sensors already for FSD, it can still be upgraded later if we still own the car at that point. We are planning on keeping ours for a long time too but my ICE was almost totaled last year so you never know what the future holds so decided to pay for what we know we'll get some use out of.

As for the OP's quoted April delivery date, being it's ordered this quarter and being shipped to the East Coast sounds doable, plus the fact that the car is a 100D. From comments and from the quarterly order tracking spreadsheets, each quarter sees foreign and East Coast deliveries go into production generally first. Higher value cars also appear to get produced sooner. West Coast vehicles, especially lower battery ones, tend to fall into the third quarter delivery timeframe. The estimate we got on our 75D (ordered 12/31) was right on.

Last edited:
I agree with you guys but I have a feeling that it will have a price hike after the model 3 comes out (FSD)
Well, if you took the FSD money and invested it in Tesla stock instead, if Tesla actually makes FSD work as they describe their stock will likely pay for the hiked price and then some. Similar argument can apply to EAP but to a lesser degree (EAP today is still not on par with AP1 which cost way less).

• Funny
Reactions: Mobius484
Agee with a lot of the above. Am driving a 90D (glass roof/loaded/ minus dual charger and air/FSD)4500 miles last two months. North Idaho winter(snow/mountian passes/-10 - 45 degF temps. 3kids 3-6age, wife. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC VEHICLE. Drive our ICE three row highlander almost minimal. FSD? Save the buck for now. ? Glass roof? Awesome! Especially if you appreciate back seat passengers experience(geese/Eagles flying overhead/tall trees/mountains/clouds). Seriously consider premium upgrade. You are spending some serious buck on this car no matter how awesome it is. Although subjective I think the premium seats are super comfy(6'1", 170lbs).
Surprisingly, even with temps below 15 deg F for two weeks, I didn't find need for cold weather package as seat heaters are in front two seats on premium(kids are in boosters/car seats), steering wheel almost gets too hot(I am ok with a cold steering wheel(friction..i.e. rubbing it works quickly) and still haven't found need for heated nozzle) but maybe I'll like it when kids are out of seats....)I got coils and I know know different but didn't see use when I deal with north Idaho roads and air only gave me 1 in over coils and potentially less expense in long run.
I got premium sound because I don't want to mess with aftermarket stuff for now, have nice home stereo setup and am enough of an audiophile/musician than I knew ref sound would not be enough for me. But I agree 2500 buck is a lot for a system that is probably not as good as a "light harmonic" or some other aftermarket setup for similiar cost. I don't live in Southern California so these shops are not as available to me.... the waiting is harder than the options! Wish you well on this exciting journey. I have to say I was worried it would not exceed my expectations, but it keeps on exceeding them daily. Keep reading this site and you will ultimately figure out what works for you.

Btw, good on ya for the 100D, I couldn't wait. I have plenty of range for my needs however, and looks the the performance specs are the same....still have fleeting thoughts that they will say hey, your 90 is actually a 100, and upgradable. But unfortunalty it sounds like this is a whole different design.