Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Configuration and Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh.. I just spoke to folks at Tysons... I was told they won't put deposit to a new car. But, if I upgrade to 100D, they will make a "special request". I ordered my 75D with PUP, so exact same config now is cheaper. My car hasn't even gone in production, but a VIN assigned. It would only be right for them to honor the new price at least for people who ordered the same configuration.

I am asking my DS about what my options are as well. VIN has been assigned but they haven't started the Build. I ordered the MX 100D with PUP.

I encourage everyone with a current order to reach out to Tesla and ask them to adjust or allow transferring the deposit to a new order.

I would be more understanding (perhaps not pleased) of a price reduction after taking delivery, but they need to do the right thing by the customers here.

Okay so I just asked the group here at Tyson’s corner. The answer was if you order another car you would NOT lose your deposit. Their point was they wouldn’t have a problem selling the undelivered car and whatever made the customer happy they would do.

So if you want to wait and reorder at the lower price you can with no issue.

I am really hoping that this response from my DS accurately reflects what Tesla is planning to do:

No need to worry!

You should receive that discount regardless.

By the end of the month it should reflect on the purchase price for your vehicle.​

I am asking my DS about what my options are as well. VIN has been assigned but they haven't started the Build. I ordered the MX 100D with PUP.

I encourage everyone with a current order to reach out to Tesla and ask them to adjust or allow transferring the deposit to a new order.

I would be more understanding (perhaps not pleased) of a price reduction after taking delivery, but they need to do the right thing by the customers here.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA and spectrum
Tesla will not do this, period. I have confirmed from 4 different Owner Advisors and called Tesla. They simply will not, because the order decision came from corporate in the form of a memo. If someone here manages to get it, please share your process with us!

I suppose Tesla needs the extra cash right not and they simply cannot refund existing orders.

As crazy as this sounds, the VIN matters just as much as actual production. A VIN has universal decoders in it for production country all the way down to options.
The VIN does have information like factory location, dual or single motor, battery type, and restraint system information but no information relating to options like PUP, colour of vehicle, sunroof etc
I just ran my VIN:

1-3 Manufacturer 5YJ = Tesla Motors, Inc.
4 Make S = Model S
5 Body Type B = 5 Door Hatchback RHD (Right Hand Drive)
6 Restraint System 7 = Type 2 manual seatbelts (Front, Rear*3) with Front Airbags, Side Inflatable Restraints & Active Hood
7 Battery Type E = Lithium Ion Battery - Electric
8 Motor/Drive Unit 2 = Dual Motor - Three Phase A/C Induction
9 Check Character 8 (should be 5)
10 Model Year H = 2017
11 Location of Manufacture F = Fremont, CA, USA

The VIN does have information like factory location, dual or single motor, battery type, and restraint system information but no information relating to options like PUP, colour of vehicle, sunroof etc
I just ran my VIN:

1-3 Manufacturer 5YJ = Tesla Motors, Inc.
4 Make S = Model S
5 Body Type B = 5 Door Hatchback RHD (Right Hand Drive)
6 Restraint System 7 = Type 2 manual seatbelts (Front, Rear*3) with Front Airbags, Side Inflatable Restraints & Active Hood
7 Battery Type E = Lithium Ion Battery - Electric
8 Motor/Drive Unit 2 = Dual Motor - Three Phase A/C Induction
9 Check Character 8 (should be 5)
10 Model Year H = 2017
11 Location of Manufacture F = Fremont, CA, USA

You are correct in basic terms. Tesla will log more detailed information to NHTSA (I'm not sure about Australia) for each VIN. This is why auto dealers, insurance companies carfax and others can pull specific information about your vehicle with just the VIN. Try this link with your VIN and see if your options are correct.

I’ve messaged my local rep that is organising my delivery and order details. Hoping to hear back if I can update my order or cancel and redo. Issue in the uk is the finance rate went from 2.9% to 4.9% since I ordered. So I don’t want to lose the finance deal.

Reactions: PrGrPa
oh wow, really glad I placed my order 2 days ago! I didn't think the premium was worth $6k, and now my options would be $108k after destination charge instead of $104,500. Saved $3500 in 3 days, this new car is practically making me money! lol

I placed my order on Friday, not realizing the price increase was in my previously saved configuration from last Wednesday (no PUP). Their site was a bit glitchy on Friday and kept redirecting me to the order screen w/o displaying the final configuration and price. After ordering, I noticed the price increase...ugh. I was kicking myself for not ordering a day earlier. I didn't want the PUP! I decided to cancel the order, so when I called the store manager the next day she told me that even if I had purchased a few days earlier, anyone who ordered within that 3-day grace period was going to get charged the new base price, along w/ the "included" PUP. Did that happen to you? Has Tesla ever adjusted the price after a customer places an order within that 3-day period?

Either way, she was able to locate a built Model X at the Fremont factory that is priced out with the previous base price. She's going to transfer my deposit to the purchase of that car instead. Phew!

According to my sales rep with the price decrease they increased interest rate and money factor. So according to him even though the price of my car would be 3k less my monthly lease payment is still cheaper on my locked in old price by 20$ month

Ugh.. I just spoke to folks at Tysons... I was told they won't put deposit to a new car. But, if I upgrade to 100D, they will make a "special request". I ordered my 75D with PUP, so exact same config now is cheaper. My car hasn't even gone in production, but a VIN assigned. It would only be right for them to honor the new price at least for people who ordered the same configuration.

I got my delivery yesterday. They said no problem reordering and keeping the deposit. Those folks need to get their act together on communication.

Tesla will not do this, period. I have confirmed from 4 different Owner Advisors and called Tesla. They simply will not, because the order decision came from corporate in the form of a memo. If someone here manages to get it, please share your process with us!

I suppose Tesla needs the extra cash right not and they simply cannot refund existing orders.

Not do this period? Tyson’s corner said they would. So it seems some SCs will and others won’t.

lol, that's a lot of work just to verify that you're a complete debbie downer. Owner advisors are human, some are nice, and some aren't. If some people say they got the okay, good on them!

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum