Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MS 90D exterior and interior protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am getting a multi coat red with upgraded black leather seats.

I have read few threads mentioning different kind of protection for exterior paint and interior leather.

Please help me decide what's right for the car.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am getting a multi coat red with upgraded black leather seats.

I have read few threads mentioning different kind of protection for exterior paint and interior leather.

Please help me decide what's right for the car.

Thanks!

I took delivery of my 90D on June 3. I had researched various coatings and paint protection films(PPF) while awaiting delivery. I settled on Opti-Coat Pro+ and X-Pel or 3M Scotchguard. I chose not to do any coatings or wraps of the interior leather although some people do. I then began due diligence on installers. I went with
ClearBra Ohio- Southwestern Ohio's #1 Paint Protection, Paint Correction and Ceramic Paint Coating Company

After taking delivery of the vehicle I drove 15 mins to the shop. Keith the shop owner explained the process and even drove me home after I dropped off the vehicle.
I had Opti-Coat Pro+ and 3M Scotchguard film applied. The film was applied to the front bumper, fenders, mirrors, and full hood. I dropped it off on Friday afternoon and Keith delivered the car to my house on Monday. The wrap was flawless and the coatings really brought out the glossiness of paint(obsidian black metallic).

Several days later I was driving on the highway when a large semi trailer began dropping gravel in front of me. Several rocks impacted my front hood. Without the PPF I would having been freaking out. When I got home I was glad to see that the PPF had absorbed the impacts with no damage to the paint.
The films and coatings are definitely not cheap but very much worth it in my opinion. Finding a great shop is key. Keith from ClearBra Ohio even came back to my house to show me how to wash the vehicle. Overall, a great experience!

Congrats and good luck with your vehicle!

Last edited: