TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New MS60 2013 owner, First long trip WA, OR, CA.

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by WJoeP, Sep 23, 2017.

1. WJoeP

WJoeP New Member

Hello All,
    I am posting for first time as a new Member. We recently purchased from TM Canada one MS60 2013.
    I am set to embark on a trip from Victoria CAN down the OR, CA coast with my father (84) +his Rat Terrier, Charlie. We start on September 24 MV COHO ferry to Port Angeles.
    We finish with family visits in Napa + Loomis CA. Home to Victoria evening on October 2.
    I am interested to hear suggests/tips for our trip. We both have histories with sailboat cruising, AK to PV MEXICO. And I am an active member of CDN Power and Sail Squadrons, Past Commander, Victoria Squadron. Ports we plans to revisit: Newport, Coos Bay, Crescent City.
    THX in advance,
    Joe

2. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Have fun! Will be a great trip, lots of superchargers to make it easy. I’ve done the coho going from/to Victoria starting in Portland. Easy, fun. Enjoy the precious time with your dad.

3. WJoeP

WJoeP New Member

THX Steve. My wife and I were at a memorial service today. A patient with cancer at age 74. Good reflection for me. Enjoy every day. And if you want to do something, do it Now!
    Cheers, Eh!
    Joe

• Like x 1
  4. MyJoule

MyJoule Member

I'd suggest using EVTripplanner.com to get an idea of how many superchargers you will need to stop at - Then use the in car nav to actually plot the route from one supercharger to the next supercharger- (set a new route at each supercharger for the next one) When you do the in car Nav- add about 10% to whatever it asked you to charge to for the next supercharger- that gives a buffer if there is head wind or you drive faster than the posted speed limit. We've had good luck using those two things on our road trips.

It will be a trip to remember And enjoy your time with your dad -

• Informative x 1