Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MS60 2013 owner, First long trip WA, OR, CA.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,
I am posting for first time as a new Member. We recently purchased from TM Canada one MS60 2013.
I am set to embark on a trip from Victoria CAN down the OR, CA coast with my father (84) +his Rat Terrier, Charlie. We start on September 24 MV COHO ferry to Port Angeles.
We finish with family visits in Napa + Loomis CA. Home to Victoria evening on October 2.
I am interested to hear suggests/tips for our trip. We both have histories with sailboat cruising, AK to PV MEXICO. And I am an active member of CDN Power and Sail Squadrons, Past Commander, Victoria Squadron. Ports we plans to revisit: Newport, Coos Bay, Crescent City.
THX in advance,
Joe

Have fun! Will be a great trip, lots of superchargers to make it easy. I’ve done the coho going from/to Victoria starting in Portland. Easy, fun. Enjoy the precious time with your dad.
THX Steve. My wife and I were at a memorial service today. A patient with cancer at age 74. Good reflection for me. Enjoy every day. And if you want to do something, do it Now!
Cheers, Eh!
Joe

Reactions: pilotSteve
I'd suggest using EVTripplanner.com to get an idea of how many superchargers you will need to stop at - Then use the in car nav to actually plot the route from one supercharger to the next supercharger- (set a new route at each supercharger for the next one) When you do the in car Nav- add about 10% to whatever it asked you to charge to for the next supercharger- that gives a buffer if there is head wind or you drive faster than the posted speed limit. We've had good luck using those two things on our road trips.

It will be a trip to remember And enjoy your time with your dad -

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve