Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MYP alignment off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new MYP and noticed the steering wheel points to the right ever so slightly to go straight. Doesn’t pull to either side but I submitted a service ticket to see if they can do a better job aligning the vehicle/reset steering wheel angle.

Tech drove the car and said no issues found, but did alignment as a courtesy. Ended up finding “multiple values out of spec”. Steering issue was fixed after alignment.

Just posting as a PSA - you may want to get an alignment check sooner than later as there have been several reports of premature tire wear. Especially with replacement tires at $1500+ per set…most places will check alignment for free.

Just posting as a PSA - you may want to get an alignment check sooner than later as there have been several reports of premature tire wear. Especially with replacement tires at $1500+ per set…most places will check alignment for free.
There haven't really been any MYPs that have abnormal premature tire wear here - people are just surprised that they only get 10-20k out of a set of rear tires. The alignment is rarely to blame.

When the wheel is pointed straight on the alignment rack, the values show as "red" because the car was originally aligned with the wheel off-center in Fremont. But, the car's wheels are "aligned" in relation to each other. The person that aligned it just didn't set the wheel at 0º when they did it. Mine has the exact same issue as yours, and tire wear is normal so far at 6500 miles.