Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New mystery sound when in Park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017 Tesla Model S is making a soft humming sound, along with a beeping at a very low volume, when the car is parked in the garage in Park and with all doors closed. I think it began after installing 2020.36.1, but I am not sure. I tried turning off Sentry mode, but the sound continues. When I open any door, it stops. But it starts again when I close the door. The sound begins at a very low volume and gradually increases, something like the sound of a spinning motor as it increases RPM. I can't tell from which part of the car the sound is coming. I have an appointment with the Service Center on 23 September which I hope tol cancel if someone in the TMC community can kindly provide the answer. Thank you.

My 2017 Tesla Model S is making a soft humming sound, along with a beeping at a very low volume, when the car is parked in the garage in Park and with all doors closed. I think it began after installing 2020.36.1, but I am not sure. I tried turning off Sentry mode, but the sound continues. When I open any door, it stops. But it starts again when I close the door. The sound begins at a very low volume and gradually increases, something like the sound of a spinning motor as it increases RPM. I can't tell from which part of the car the sound is coming. I have an appointment with the Service Center on 23 September which I hope tol cancel if someone in the TMC community can kindly provide the answer. Thank you.
Probably the battery cooling system, which will run whenever it needs to. It is a pump.