Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New nanocarbon 12V from Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looking at the work order they sent me. Among other things they replaced the 12V battery with a "new nanocarbon 12v". I'm not familiar with this type of battery but hopefully they last longer than the previous 12v batteries. If anyone knows more about this type of battery I'd love to hear about it's advantages.
The part number is: DCS33-UNCR, MS(1083774-00-A)

The ranger just left my house. He replaced the 12 volt battery in my car with a DCS-33UNCR made by C&D Technologies.
He tells me that this is a "nanocarbon" battery. The battery he replaced was also the same model of "nanocarbon battery. That battery was a replacement for my original battery that lasted 2.6 years. There were only 7 months and 2361 miles between the first "nanocarbon" battery and this "nanocarbon" Battery. He says this is the first "nanocarbon" battery that he has had to replace.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
The ranger just left my house. He replaced the 12 volt battery in my car with a DCS-33UNCR made by C&D Technologies.
He tells me that this is a "nanocarbon" battery. The battery he replaced was also the same model of "nanocarbon battery. That battery was a replacement for my original battery that lasted 2.6 years. There were only 7 months and 2361 miles between the first "nanocarbon" battery and this "nanocarbon" Battery. He says this is the first "nanocarbon" battery that he has had to replace.

So your first deep cycle SLA battery lasted 2.6 years
Your second deep cycle SLA nanocarbon battery lasted 0.6 years

I guess we can hope that was just a manufacturing defect and the new battery will on average last longer.