Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New option to buy FSD in app. No longer includes city driving.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this intentional? I do have EAP with all these features already.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191221-114223.png
    Screenshot_20191221-114223.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 108
I saw this too on my EAP Model S phone app. $4K for some features that I already had!?

And then, paranoia set in. Navigate on autopilot, both auto-parks, and summon were NOT features included in my original purchase. Would they be taken away if I didn't pay the extortion fee? Probably not, but I DID check to see if they were still working. They were...at least for now.

When I ordered the car in November, 2016, only autopark for parallel parking (and summon) were part of the EAP HW2 package. The other features were added later by software updates.

I was wrong about summon. It WAS included. I mistook it for "come to me" which was not...but is now.

BTW, I'm freaked out enough using autopark. "Come to me" in a parking lot is even scarier, though I may still give it a try at some point. I do use summon on occasion though.

Reactions: Flyguy
When I ordered the car in November, 2016, only autopark for parallel parking (and summon) were part of the EAP HW2 package. The other features were added later by software updates.

I ordered around the same time as you, took delivery in December 2016. The screen cap I posted above is the description of EAP features that we clicked on when we ordered our cars.

Yes, essentially none of that was actually available when I took delivery. Hell I didn’t even have automatic headlights or a brightness sensor for the interior screens when I picked my car up, let alone TACC and Autosteer. But if you ordered your car in Nov 2016 with EAP, you clicked the box above and purchased all off the features described - so they’re most definitely owed to you.

I ordered around the same time as you, took delivery in December 2016. The screen cap I posted above is the description of EAP features that we clicked on when we ordered our cars.

Yes, essentially none of that was actually available when I took delivery. Hell I didn’t even have automatic headlights or a brightness sensor for the interior screens when I picked my car up, let alone TACC and Autosteer. But if you ordered your car in Nov 2016 with EAP, you clicked the box above and purchased all off the features described - so they’re most definitely owed to you.

Good to know that I am entitled to these features and that they won't be lost by not spending $4K to risk our lives as FSD pioneers.

Reactions: ucmndd