Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner of 2018 Model X - questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Fiver Yeah that's the weird part about it. I'm able to open the charge port, frunk, trunk, sound the horn and even at times do summons. Opening the door or driving the car without the fob has never worked. I've tried rebooting (soft and hard) and powering off via the console. Just can't get the door to open. I have a service appointment next week, so we'll see what they come up with.
That is super peculiar. I'd spend some time with Tesla support I guess to try and solve this one. Just be prepared to do a bunch of steps you've already tried when you are on the phone with them. They have to stick to the script. :cool:. Eventually they should be able to sort it out though.

Hi @D-ATL ,

Do you have the upgrade to MCU2???

Several that had the upgrade done had your type of problem because
the Service Center omitted a couple of final steps adding some computer certificates to the new MCU2...

Good luck,

Shawn
Hi @ShawnA yes I had the MCU upgrade done about a year ago and 1/2 ago. You might be right about the certificates. I didn't think about it until you mentioned it but the Service Center was able to fix the issue remotely. Per the text I received the tech stated - "We have remotely reset your vehicles security key and you should be able to unlock and start your vehicle from the mobile app." I requested additional information but they wouldn't provide any details. It was probably related to the SSL certificates. Everything is working now so I'm happy.

Reactions: Fiver