Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner's Manual 10/17/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason Tesla decided to hide the 12V below the HEPA air filter area. Not easy to get to for jumping. Hopefully a better solution comes along. It makes no sense considering it is one of the few things you can do yourself if a problem arises. But now even that I have to call Tesla?

Not sure if this was split like this in a previous version but the current section for Seat Belt use has a rather unfortunate picture/warning pairing.

I laughed for about 3 solid minutes when I came across this:
PreggoSeatBeltWarning.PNG

I think the point of that graphic is to emphasize that, even if you are pregnant, do not place anything between your body and the seat belt strap.

I do not consider that image "unfortunate".

Yeah, I understand that :p

I meant that before the "Pregnant" paragraph and the image were on the same page, but now the image and the warning (without the context) are on their own. Just flipping (or scrolling) around and coming upon that pairing without reading the preceding struck me as funny.

But then again, my sense of humor is a little out there ;)

Can anyone tell me where I can find a copy of the US OM to download? I want to compare it with the EU English version which, stupidly, has speeds and distances only in km.

The manual seems to have disappeared from MyTesla for me.

Here's a simple way of getting to the US manual (assuming no one posts a link for you):
  • scroll down to the bottom of the page
  • click on where it says 'Great Britain' next to the Union flag, and select the US from the list of countries displayed
  • the documents section will now show the US manual, release notes, etc.
  • flip back to the UK site when you're done
Right now, though, I don't see the user manual on either site.

The manual seems to have disappeared from MyTesla for me.

Here's a simple way of getting to the US manual (assuming no one posts a link for you):
  • scroll down to the bottom of the page
  • click on where it says 'Great Britain' next to the Union flag, and select the US from the list of countries displayed
  • the documents section will now show the US manual, release notes, etc.
  • flip back to the UK site when you're done
Right now, though, I don't see the user manual on either site.
Thanks; as you say, the OM has disappeared, although the EU English version was on my page a week or so ago and I downloaded it. I wondered if they had removed it because it was full or errors (including the omission of all speeds and distances); I have asked servicehelpeu to tell me what's happening. The release notes never appeared.