Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New P3D vs Demo P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Performance Model 3 1/4 Mile 11.77
P100D. 1/4 Mile 11.39

I wouldn't call that "dummy" the Performance model 3

11.39 is a terrible time for an S. 10.7 is very consistently achievable and there are some reports of 10.4 with a few floor mats and covers removed. neither are a slouch! But if straight line performance is the aim, the 3 cannot match the S.

Reactions: Vitaman
But the performance Model 3 handles far better than the Model S

im sorry at this point your just trying to sound desperate against a p100d owner.

;)

You get faster updates, we get faster track times.
10/10 times u try to race a P100D at a light, you will lose by a full car length unless the driver has it on chill mode.
I dont think may of us really care about that extra top speed (unless you live in the autobon) and the loss of a that handling, because i bet you its not even that noticeable.

Your car is newer, our cars are more polished with larger screens and 2 on top.
You may think your car looks nicer, but it honestly looks like a cropped model S with half our trunk room.

I would honestly not trade my P100D for a P3D.
I like heavy sedans, and ones which eat exotics at the light, makes it even better.

Anyhow why are you even in the model S section instigating with model S owners?
Your not going to win here..

Last edited:
But the performance Model 3 handles far better than the Model S
I am happy to agree the three handles better. Not so sure it warrants "far better", the model s is much better handling than it looks or what you'd expect until you try.

That said the Audi A4 handles better than an A6 and a BMW m3 handles better than an m5 so I'm happy to wear the trade off the same as an A6 or m5 owner was when they considered the trade off when they purchased.

Technically a motor bike handles better than a model 3 or a model S and has quicker quarter mile times too! If that was the only consideration here I'd suggest the op gets a motorbike ;)

Sorry for not following up on this thread I created.

I was busy last week finalizing on my purchase and you guessed it. I got the P100DL!

I test drove both P3D and P100D while P3D is a bit more nimble. I find P100D despite a heavier car is no slouch. But I find the heavier P100D feels safer and more substantial while in it. P100D is also much better looking in all angles IMO. I really tried to find a angle P3D might look better but no luck. P3D might look okay when compared to ICE cars but unfortunately feels like a cheap knock off Model S. I also prefer the premium interior, two screens and twice the storage of P100D.

I agree with Munka's opinion that it's okay to buy nice things because you can and want to. Even though many P3D owners are saying their car is the best, I rather believe Elon Must, as he is a honest guy who created both cars.

Hope this provide a little bit of help to any one who is in a similar situation.
1188991782.png
441176944.png

• Love
Reactions: Naekuh and P85_DA