Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Petition to White House Requesting Direct Tesla Sales in All States

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone has to tell him to stop doing that (although in this case we can make an exception :wink:). He really needs some time off. He also has to eat healthier and get some exercise. Elon's physical condition has visibly deteriorated over the last twelve months. Tesla, SpaceX and Solar City need him for many more years, and so do his sons.

He needs Asics! Not to run on (although that would help) but the acronym of Anima Sana In Corpere Sano (latin for healthy soul in a healthy body).

dude it probably took him less than 20 seconds to tweet that

Agreed. But we can't get too far ahead of ourselves. Still need 20K+ signatures. I never thought it would get this many but now that it is so close it would be tough to fall short. I emptied my email address book and have told all my coworkers. Keep pushing.

Does anyone out there have some graphic arts skills? If someone can make a nice graphic that encourages people to sign the petition, I'll print it out and tape it to the inside of one of the windows of my Model. Tesla cars get lots of attention. We might as well put it to good use!

Tesla sent an email 6/28 to request singing.

(Sorry if this was mentioned)

VL84EiuinpKYlluaU6Kdl5gB5GalF UZ6WQXpAA

As you may know, Tesla is under attack from a number of car dealer associations in various states who are challenging Tesla's right to directly serve our customers at Tesla Stores and Service Centers.

Their efforts are protectionist in nature and infringe on the right of the consumer to choose how they purchase and service their vehicle.

An anonymous Tesla enthusiast created a White House petition to allow direct sales of cars to consumers in all states. We want to thank the tens of thousands of fans who have voiced their support and have already signed the petition.

We want this petition to succeed. For that to happen, the petition needs 64,000 more signatures by next Friday, July 5, 2013.

Please act now and take a moment to register, sign and forward the petition today!

VL84EiuinpKYlluaU6Kdl5gB5aTmJ6fGmRvHmRnoFeekA
Tesla Motors | 3500 Deer Creek Road | Palo Alto | CA 94027
privacy policy | unsubscribe
signed!

The petition is all well and good, let me say that right at the top.

But... 100k signatures is, frankly, not very much in a country with 310 million+ people. And therefore not very attention-grabbing. And I know a thing or two about attention-grabbing online petitions*. What would be far better would be surpassing 1 million. Then things get interesting.

For that to happen, there would need to be more grass-roots action. For example, folks creating fun/outrageous/eye-popping viral video "commercials" (like campaign ads) showing how unfair the dealer associations are being. Surprised nobody's done that actually. Surprised some ad agency didn't go do it pro bono for the PR value alone. Like, get the Old Spice shower guy... instead of "I'm on a horse", he's in a Model S...

*(I was the inventor of Eventful.com's "Demand it!" service, which has been used by millions of people around the world to "demand" that specific concerts, movies, and other events happen in their town. For instance, in 2009 1.3 million people "demanded" screenings of the indie film "Paranormal Activity" (cost $15000 to make) in about a week, and the movie went on to $107 million box office and a string of sequels.)

The petition is all well and good, let me say that right at the top.
But... 100k signatures is, frankly, not very much in a country with 310 million+ people. And therefore not very attention-grabbing.

Sort of. For every person that signs, there are 100 or 200 that don't. That makes at least 10-20 million folks. Politicians take notice of those kind of number.

I do not think it would make it... Today green.autoblog.com and www.greencarreports.com had Tesla petition story as their top story, plus auto section of Forbes kept it close to top: www.forbes.com/autos/.

So today was almost 8k signatures collected, 3 days left, 17k signatures needed, almost 6k per day... Unless big site make a story about it, I think it would be a miss.

Anyhow, I signed it too. Do not think it was an intention of White House to collect opinions of non-citizens, but really looks like every vote counts and could make a difference. I think optionality of zip code is there so US citizens who live abroad could vote too... But cause is worse it.