Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Powerwall Advanced Options [Toggles for charging from and discharging to grid from powerwalls]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Swedge. Yes, the site export limit seems to not be in the wizard pages, but only in the Tesla One app. It definitely works - i can set it to something else or blank, and then the summary page (the one you refer to above) no longer shows the limit.
30 mins later though it comes back.

TOTAL export is limited to 5kW - so yes, i want to get it fixed.

I've recently had an inverse sort of problem: The PWs started grid charging anytime the SOC was below the reserve, although I have never enabled grid charging and the app showed that grid charging was disabled. At first I suspected this might be related to our recently installed Wall Connector and my consequent use of NetZero automations to change the PW reserves each night. However, more experimentation showed that the grid charging was only dependent on SOC versus reserve. I had no response from email or chat, but on Juneteenth morning my phone call was promptly answered. Once I got him to doubt that grid charging when it is explicitly disallowed is not "working as expected", he asked his supervisor and subsequently apologized for his "mix-up".
Anyway, simply toggling grid charging from their end did not stop the behavior, so they tried setting my system configuration to grid charging not permitted, and that seems to have stopped the behavior. If next winter when my solar can't keep pace with the heat pump, perhaps I'll have to revisit the question of whether to use grid charging. Maybe I'll have to get them to change the system configuration back, but I'll worry about it then. Likely the firmware will be completely different in 6 months anyway. At present my Tesla app lists grid charging as "Restricted".