Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Service Center operations in Dedham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just dropped my 75D off at Dedham this AM, and they have changed the way service works in terms of dropping off and getting a loaner.

Before you parked your car in the lot, walked into the facility and chatted with someone at a desk. The took care of everything there.

Now a tech actually sits in your car, and you show the tech everything you wish to have done. In addition to my 1 year service (in only six months!), there are a few minor issues that need to be taken care of. Then the person who gives you the loaner comes out and hands you a form to sign, and goes and makes a copy of your license.

Plus I am getting text messages now. Got one when the car was 'staged' and now got one that it is in service now. I guess I will also get one when the car is finished.

This is a good design, and I really like having a tech in the car seeing the issues firsthand. Lets hope they keep this system.

The more feedback the better in my mind.

Thanks for the info. Dedham is also my service center and while I had a frustration or two when I first got the car I've found the personnel to be excellent. I think this new process will not only be beneficial to the customer but also will hep the staff do a better job. One of the aggravations I had when I first serviced my car was inconsistent messaging about the status of repairs, something that this new text messaging service will hopefully remedy.

I have my first yearly service in two months. Curious about the loaner too.

I 'only' got a P85D loaner. That was too fast for me compared to my 75D.

And I was getting service in Jan/Feb of this year and it was done the old way (leave the car outside and walk into the service department).

I like the new way. The fact that the service crew is talking with customers is great. From the short time I chatted with a couple of them, they like to interact with the customers.

They said that they are trying to get the time to get an appointment way down because of the model 3.

The other interesting thing is that each of the service bays had a countdown clock on it. It was used to represent how long that service bay would be in use with that car. There are also green/ yellow/red lights for each bay. I remember that one of the color combinations represented that they were waiting for parts. Solid green represented that everything was going OK.

It looks like they are trying to focus on getting more cars repaired so that the model 3 release does not overload them.