Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Software Batch Feature Coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I called Tesla today asking about how the updates work and she said that the updates are rolled out in waves according to region and production date (old news). However she said that Tesla is working on a feature that will come in a future update where you can see which batch you are in and see when exactly you will receive the next update. This is good news to prevent people from refreshing the software page every second

If that's true, then that's great. It appears to be part of their desire to share more information about our vehicles (as seen with the Information about your Vehicle that appears under the Software Tab).

Hope this actually happens,.

I dunno... What happens when your car is in "Batch 27" and you want to be moved up into "Batch 3" and you end up calling and harassing them. I don't see that idea lasting very long. It would make more sense to do it like nearly every other software company on the planet and just roll it out to everybody at once and let them upgrade as they please.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
More transparency is always welcome.

Rolling out to everyone at once is not a good idea and is definitely not what other software companies do (small startups excepted).

Batches should start small and ramp up from there. That way any issues can be caught early and fixed before they affect too many people.

Reactions: Bacalao