Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New symbol (circled 15!) And double speed limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my car back from service for half shaft replacement and they updated the 8gb eMMC. Noticed 2 things;

1) double speed limit - looks like one speed limit sign superimposed over another. Goes away after 10-20 seconds, but seems to come back over and over again.

2) small white circle with a 15 and an exclamation point next to the speed limit. Speed limit was 40 mph when I saw this.

Found one video from "adigitalnomad" on YouTube who mentioned the same issues, but didn't have an answer (
)

Anyone have any answers?

Reactions: 3Sweet
Just got my car back from service for half shaft replacement and they updated the 8gb eMMC. Noticed 2 things;
1) double speed limit - looks like one speed limit sign superimposed over another. Goes away after 10-20 seconds, but seems to come back over and over again.
2) small white circle with a 15 and an exclamation point next to the speed limit. Speed limit was 40 mph when I saw this.
Found one video from "adigitalnomad" on YouTube who mentioned the same issues, but didn't have an answer (
)
Anyone have any answers?
I had that turn up a couple of years ago. It was a method of displaying alternate or temporary speed limits, such as reduced speed in a School Zone. I had for around 3 weeks, then it went away never to be seen again. I thought it might come back with FSD Beta, but so far, it has not made an appearance.

Reactions: MGMDaware
Interesting. It did happen in a school zone (although, it's a 40mph zone with speed cameras). I pass this school at all hours of the day several times a week since owning the car (2017 MX with HW 2.0 and EAP). I have never seen it until now. However, the 15! makes sense in that context.